Catheters are medical instruments that comprise of thin tubes. They are used for diagnosis and therapeutic purposes in various medical procedures such as angioplasty, cardiac electrophysiology, and neurosurgery. Catheter coating plays vital role in catheterization. It offers reduction in friction and decreases incidences of urinary tract infections & encrustation.
Increase in the prevalence of catheter-induced infections and increase in demand for catheter owing to the rise in geriatric population and injury & trauma cases are the major factors that drive the catheter coatings market. Furthermore, increase in awareness of infections and new technological advancements in catheter coating is anticipated to fuel the market growth. However, stringent government regulations associated with the manufacturing and sales of catheter coatings are anticipated to hinder the growth of the market. Ongoing R&D activities on catheter coating is anticipated to provide opportunities for the market growth.
The market is segmented on the basis of material type and region. Based on material type, the market is segmented into plastic (PVC), latex rubber, polytetrafluoroethylene PTFE (teflon) coated latex, silver-alloy coated catheters, silicone, silicone-elastomer coated latex, hydrophilic polymer coated latex, and others. By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market are provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities from 2017 to 2023 in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments help understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Catheter Coatings Market Key Segments:
By Material Type
- Plastic (PVC)
- Latex Rubber
- Polytetrafluoroethylene PTFE (Teflon) Coated Latex
- Silver-Alloy Coated Catheters
- Silicone-Elastomer Coated Latex
- Hydrophilic Polymer Coated Latex
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Quatro Composite LCC
- ACP Composites, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd.
- Vermont Composites, Inc.
- Royal DSM
- Icotec AG
- Polyone Polymers India Pvt. Ltd
- Composiflex Inc
- Polygon Company