Cathode Materials Market Insights and Forecast - 2027
Cathode materials are the main elements used for building positive electrodes for battery cells. They consist of elements such as nickel, cobalt, iron phosphate, and manganese in a crystal-like structure forming a multi-metal oxide in which lithium is added. Cathode material consists of significant properties such as high energy density, and high load capacity. They are the main component of lithium-ion batteries. Cathode materials are used to determine energy density of a cell through capacity or cell voltage. The choice of cathode materials depends on different factors including cell voltage, lifecycle, energy & power capabilities, and temperature of operation. Cathode materials are employed in both lithium-ion batteries and lead-acid batteries. They find their application in a wide range of industries such as electronics, energy storage, telecommunication, transportation, and automotive.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Owing to the outbreak of COVID-19, national and international transport has been hampered due to restrictions imposed by several governments. This has led to demand and supply disruptions for the global cathode materials market.
- Decreased capital resources and potential global recession, owing to the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to restrain the demand for cathode materials among new market players.
- Use of catalase in a variety of end-use industries such as automotive, telecommunications, and transportation is expected to lead the economics of the cathode materials market to recover as soon as the industries start operating post the COVID-19 period.
- Pharmaceuticals sector have witnessed a huge expansion during the COVID-19 pandemic. Technological advancements in healthcare equipment where cathode material is used in various battery-operated healthcare equipment is expected to provide opportunities for the market growth post-pandemic.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Rise in demand for electrical vehicles such as Tesla, Tata, Alther energy, and Hyundai Kona electric reduce dependency over conventional fuels is anticipated to accelerate growth of the cathode materials market. In addition, surge in demand for energy conservation sources in developed countries such as the U.S., Australia, and Switzerland, where cathode materials are used widely for energy limiting in energy storage devices such as lithium-ion and lead-acid batteries further fuels growth of the cathode materials market. However, disposal problems related to cathode materials hamper growth of the cathode materials market in. Conversely, increase in shift toward renewable energy and rise in smart grid installation where cathode materials are used extensively are expected to create lucrative opportunities for the cathode materials market during the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global cathode materials market along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the cathode materials market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the cathode materials market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competition and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Questions answered in the global cathode materials market research report:
- What is the CAGR of the cathode materials market?
- Which are the leading players active in the global cathode materials market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What should be the response of catalyst carrier market players amid the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is the outlook of the industry?
Cathode Materials Market Report Highlights
By Battery Type
Key Market Players
Johnson Matthey, 3M, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings, POSCO, Hitachi Chemical, Sumitomo, Umicore, Mitsui Mining & Smelting, Kureha, Toda Kogyo