Cathodic Acrylic Market Outlook – 2030
Cathodic acrylic market is expected to grow in the coming future due to its increasing demand in the construction and automobile industries. Cathodic acrylic coatings are capable of providing the best combination of corrosion resistance, exterior durability, and color control. These coatings offer good corrosion protection and UV durability, while retaining their original appearance in all weather conditions. Cathodic acrylic coatings are available in a wide range of color and gloss selections, making them an ideal choice for exterior one-coat final finishes as well as parts that require a highly decorative appearance. This in turn increases cathodic acrylic market demand for decorative coating applications. The product offers a unique property i.e., corrosion resistant primer with UV durability, which finds extensive usage in automotive industry for various coating applications. Beside this, it also offers good chip resistance and excellent throw power, which increase their ability to plate to a uniform thickness over an irregularly shaped cathode. It generates excellent hardness and chemical or solvent resistance without the usage of high solvents and heavy metals, which makes is suitable for various industrial appliances. Cathodic Acrylic has the ability of excellently retaining its color and inertness when exposed to outdoor conditions.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The COVID-19 affected the cathodic acrylic market as the pandemic affected the production activities of these industries.
- The lockdown caused the restriction of the transportation and movement which effected the supply chain and availability of the raw material.
- The pandemic affected the automobile industry as the production activities came to a halt due to the lockdown which negatively impacted the cathodic acrylic market as their heavy dependency on the automobile industry.
- The demand for the cathodic acrylic decreased due to the decrease in demand of automobile and decorative coated products during the pandemic.
- The decline in personal income and decrease in economic activities also reduced the growth of cathodic acrylic market.
- With lockdown removed from countries and automobile industries are resuming their regular production capacity, the market of cathodic acrylic is expected to grow.
Top Impacting Factor
The major factors driving the growth of cathodic acrylic market are the growing demand for coating in the automotive industry and the growing environmental regulations in developing countries. The advantages provided by the cathodic acrylic coating of corrosion protection and UV durability makes the market grow more in the automobile industry. The high demand for good quality products in industries will help to drive the cathodic acrylic market growth. However, the high cost involved in the cathodic acrylic products restraint the growth of the market. The cathodic acrylic coated products are expensive due to better UV resistance and corrosion properties making them more expensive as compared to the other products. The increase in the production of hybrid vehicles provide a great opportunity for cathodic acrylic market. India has been witnessing huge investments in the automotive industry, which are further expected to increase production in the country providing opportunity for cathodic acrylic market. Growing demand for coatings in furniture, construction, metal fabrication, plastic, and coil-based applications will further create immense potential for cathodic acrylic market in the near future. The rising use of powder coatings in consumer goods, and architecture, furniture will provide more opportunity for cathodic acrylic market globally.
- A high-performance, APEO- and zinc-free binder with improved corrosion protection compared to other 1-component waterborne binders of equivalent dry film thickness. This new resin helps to save formulation cost and complexity by decreasing or eliminating the use of active inhibitors. The versatility of this technology will be showcased by results in a high-gloss direct-to-metal (DTM) coating and primer. By balancing the hydrophobicity and chemical functionality, BASF has developed a resin with low water uptake, good early water and humidity resistance, and excellent corrosion resistance while still allowing for ease of formulation and pigment dispersion. This functionality also allows for superior adhesion to multiple substrates, including plastics.
- BASF Automotive Coatings and Thermission AG are bringing a new corrosion protection layering solution to the automotive market. The solution combines Thermission’s Zinc Thermal Diffusion (ZTD) process with BASF’s Cathoguard electro-deposition process (E-coat) to provide advanced corrosion protection to structural metal components and to enhance the metal’s physical properties for automotive underbody and structural assemblies.
- PPG announced the launch of AUE-20 OEM 2.1 VOC Clearcoat, which provides added durability and protection from ultraviolet (UV) sunlight on heavy-duty vehicles and equipment operating in harsh conditions. The new low-VOC clearcoat is formulated specifically for use over one of PPG’s approved AUE polyurethane topcoats from its Commercial Performance Coatings line.
- PPG announced an expansion of its coatings manufacturing capacity in Europe for packaging applications. The investments at sites in The Netherlands and Poland will support growing customer demand in the region for the latest generation of coatings for aluminum and steel cans used in packaging for beverage, food and personal care items
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Cathodic Acrylic market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Cathodic Acrylic market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Cathodic Acrylic market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Cathodic Acrylic market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Cathodic Acrylic Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Cathodic Acrylic market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Cathodic Acrylic Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
PPG Industries Inc, BASF SE, Koch Membrane Systems Inc, Luvata OY, KCC Corporation, Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Valspar Corp., Hawking Electrotechnology Ltd., Axalta Coating Systems, Metokote Corporation, Inc.