Cell expansion deals with the production of daughter cells that arise from single cell. This process is used in therapeutic development, drug screening, and microlevel research of cells. Presently, cell expansion is widely used to improve transplantation and in the treatment of various diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, and others.
Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, growth in number of GMP certified products, and increase in government funding for research boost the growth of the global cell expansion market. Furthermore, technological advancements in cell expansion techniques and rise in investments in cell-based products drive the market growth. However, high cost of operation required for cell expansion techniques hampers the growth of the market. Increase in the incidence of chronic diseases especially cancer results into large patient pool, which creates an opportunity for the manufacturers to tap and capitalize on the market.
The global cell expansion market is segmented into product, cell type, application, end user, and region. Based on product, the market is categorized into consumables, reagents, media & serum, disposables, and instruments. Based on disposables, the market is segmented into tissue culture flasks, bioreactor accessories, and others.
By instruments, the market is divided into cell expansion supporting equipment, bioreactors, and automated cell expansion systems. By cell expansion supporting equipment, the market is divided into flow cytometer, cell counters, centrifuges, and others. By bioreactors, the market is bifurcated into microcarrier bioreactor and perfusion/hollow fiber reactors. The microcarrier bioreactor is further categorized into microcarrier-based for anchorage dependent and suspension-based for anchorage independent. The cell expansion market on the basis of cell type is classified into human and animal cells.
Based on human cell, the market is bifurcated into stem cells, and stem cells segment is further categorized as adult stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells, and embryonic stem cells. Applications covered in the study include regenerative medicine & stem cell research, cancer & cell-based research, and others. The market by end user is segmented into research institutes, biopharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, cell banks, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the global cell expansion market are Becton, Dickinson and Company, Corning Incorporated, Danaher Corporation, Merck KGaA, GE Healthcare, Miltenyi Biotec, STEMCELL Technologies, Inc., Terumo BCT, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., and Sigma-Aldrich Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of cell expansion in the treatment of diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and others.
Cell Expansion Market Key Segments:
- Reagents, Media, & Serum
- Tissue Culture Flasks
- Bioreactor Accessories
- Cell Expansion Supporting Equipment
- Flow Cytometer
- Cell Counters
- Microcarrier Bioreactor
- Microcarrier-based for Anchorage Dependent
- Suspension-based for Anchorage Independent
- Perfusion/Hollow Fiber Reactors
- Automated Cell Expansion Systems
By Cell Type
- Human Cells
- Stem Cells
- Adult Stem Cells
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells
- Embryonic Stem Cells
- Differentiated Cells
- Animal Cells
- Regenerative Medicine & Stem Cell Research
- Cancer & Cell-based Research
By End User
- Research Institutes
- Biopharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Cell Banks
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA