Cell sorting is a technique employed for separation of cells based on their intracellular and extracellular properties. The intracellular properties include properties such as DNA, RNA, and protein molecule interaction and extracellular properties consists of surface protein expression and morphology of the cell. The techniques of isolating and sorting different types of cell has unlocked many applications in research and medicinal industry.
Surge in prevalence of diseases such as cancer and AIDS drive the market. Technological advancement in cell sorters and increased funding in biotechnological industry is expected to boost the growth of the market. Furthermore, growth in adoption of cell sorter techniques in research and clinical application is expected to fuel the demand for the cell sorted market. However, high cost of research equipment and lack of awareness regarding cell sorting technology in underdeveloped countries obstructs the growth of the cell sorter market.
The global cell sorter market is segmented based on technology, product & services, application, end user, and geography. By technology, it is classified into fluorescence-based droplet cell sorting, magnetic-activated cell sorting (MACS), and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) - Microfluidics. Fluorescence-based droplet cell sorting technology is further divided into jet-in-air cell sorting & cuvette-based cell sorting. Based on product & services, it is classified into cell sorters, cell sorting reagents & consumables, and cell sorting services. By application, it is divided into research application (immunology & cancer research, stem cell research, drug discovery, and other research applications) and clinical applications. Based on end user, the market is classified into research institutions, medical schools & academic institutions, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and hospitals & clinical testing laboratories. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed across the globe at country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as, Beckman Coulter, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Sony Biotechnology Inc., Miltenyi Biotec GmbH, Affymetrix, Inc., Sysmex Partec GmbH, On-Chip Biotechnologies Co. Ltd., Cytonome/St. LLC, Becton Dickinson and Company, and Union Biometrica, Inc. are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key technology positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Cell Sorter Market Key Segments:
- Fluorescence-Based Droplet Cell Sorting
- Jet-In-Air Cell Sorting
- Cuvette-Based Cell Sorting
- Magnetic-Activated Cell Sorting (MACS)
- Micro-Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) - Microfluidics
By Product & services
- Cell Sorters
- Cell Sorting Reagents & Consumables
- Cell Sorting Services
- Research Application
- Immunology & Cancer Research
- Stem Cell Research
- Drug Discovery
- Other Research Applications
- Clinical Applications
By End User
- Research Institutions
- Medical Schools and Academic Institutions
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Hospitals and Clinical Testing Laboratories
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA