Cell therapy technologies market is expected to grow in the upcoming years due to increasing demand for advanced cell therapy technologies. Cell therapy is also known as cellular therapy or cyto-therapy. Cell therapy is used in the drug development and therapeutic treatments which are related with the biologic activities carried out by the cell.
Cell therapy technologies has experienced positive results in animal- based experiments carried out for various disease treatments. The process for treatment includes insertions of cell suspensions in body or blood stream, which probably can cure the disease with the technique of cell therapy. The cell therapy has convergence with the gene therapy, cancer vaccines and regenerative medicines.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicines supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine, have witnessed dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunity for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are short of these drugs. Owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future. Considering these factors, COVID -19 is expected to have significant impact on Cell Therapy Technologies Market.
Top Impacting factors:
- Factors such as increase in the cancer related cell-based therapy clinical trials, are expected to boost the market growth of cell therapy technologies.
- Rise in demand for the latest and advanced cell therapy instruments, will assist the market growth of the cell therapy technologies market.
- Increase in government funding for R&D in cell-based research therapies in diseases like diabetes, are the factors expected to increase the growth of cell therapy technologies market in the upcoming years.
- Furthermore, less rate of success in the therapy and high cost research activities are the factors which can restrain the growth of the cell therapy technologies market. Moreover, rise in the usage of cell- based therapy technologies in developing countries is expected to boost the growth of the cell therapy technologies market in future.
New Product Launch / News:
- In 2020, Cell Therapy Manufacturing Asia 2020 conference was held in Kyoto in February. Due to the coronavirus epidemic it led to the cancellation of many such gatherings around the globe. Attendance for the conference was diminished, and many attendees resorted to teleconferencing.
- In 2018, Thermo Fisher Scientific launched a new series of compact refrigerators for cell therapy research activities.
- In 2017, GE Healthcare took over Asymptote (UK) to enhance its cell therapy portfolio with technologies for the cryopreservation of cellular materials.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global cell therapy technologies market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the investments.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the cell therapy technologies market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the cell therapy technologies market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed cell therapy technologies market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the cell therapy technologies market Report:
- Which are the leading market players active in cell therapy technologies Market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What segments and region will drive the market growth & why?
- What are the various products related to cell therapy and their market share in the overall cell therapy technologies market?
Cell Therapy Technologies Market Report Highlights
By Cell Type
By Process Stage
By End User
Key Market Players
Beckman Coulter, STEMCELL Technologies, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Sartorius AG, Lonza Group, GE Healthcare, Terumo BCT, Merck KGaA, Avantor, Inc.