Cell viability is referred to as a measurement of the fraction of live and healthy cells in a population. Cell viability assays are used to determine a cell's general health, improve experimental conditions or cell culture, and monitor cell survival after exposure to chemicals or reagents. Cell viability assays provide information about a cell's health by measuring metabolic activity, ATP synthesis, and storage, or cell proliferation in detail. Cell viability can also be assessed using cell toxicity assays, which provide information on cell death markers.
Cell viability and toxicity assays are essential for determining biological responses to experimental substances like medicines. Cell-based assays are also commonly used to detect receptor binding and numerous signal transduction events, such as gene reporter expression, cellular component trafficking, and organelle function.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the market.
Top Impacting Factors
Increase in chronic disorder cases due to lifestyle changes and the geriatric population, in turn, increases the demand for cell viability assays market.
Moreover, the emerging new market in the industry and the continuous focus on improving cell-based therapeutics is opportunistic for the market during the forecast period.
The cell viability assays market is estimated to grow as the funding and research activities are increasing its demand during the forecast period.
In addition, increase in demand for advanced healthcare infrastructure and rise in expenditure on medical facilities are also expected to boost R&D of cell-based therapies.
Rise in application of cell viability assays in quality assurance and quality control procedures in various industries such as biotechnology, food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, and water treatment, is a major factor expected to drive market revenue growth during the forecast period.
However, high cost of instruments and lack of skilled professionals in the cell viability market limit the market growth.
New product launches to flourish the market
- In April 2020, Biotek introduced a new cell count & viability starter kit which can automatically do the process of cell counting and viability measurements in a mammalian cell suspension.
- In April 2021, Halo Labs, which is a leading life science instrumentation company that develops tools for biologics researchers, introduced the next-generation of its instrument line with the launch of Aura CL. According to the company, the Aura CL is expected to revolutionize cell therapy product quality analysis as it equipped with all the cytometric capabilities need for cell therapies and it can count cells, ID therapeutic cell types, and measure cell viability in one assay.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Cell Viability Assays and Consumables along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Cell Viability Assays and Consumables market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Cell Viability Assays and Consumables market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Cell Viability Assays and Consumables market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Cell Viability Assays and Consumables Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Cell Viability Assays and Consumables market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Cell Viability Assays and Consumables"?
- What is "Cell Viability Assays and Consumables" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Cell Viability Assays and Consumables" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Cell Viability Assays and Consumables" Market report?
Cell Viability Assays and Consumables Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Cell Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Canvax, GE Healthcare, Danaher Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Abnova, Creative Bioarray, Bio-Rad Laboratories, PerkinElmer, Dickinson and Company., BioTek Instruments, Merck, Abcamplc, G-Biosciences, Becton, Biotium, Promega Corporation