The cellulosic fire protection system protects a structure, typically in residential and commercial settings, from fire by the means of insulation applied to structural components which postpones incineration and extends structural competence. These fire protection systems are intended to permit for fire-fighters to securely go into a building and for inhabitants to walk out the neighborhood in case of a cellulosic fire incident. The cellulosic fire protection systems have a dynamic part in the protection of human life and ought to be working appropriately. Cellulosic fire protection intumescent coatings are now a days applied in novel building ventures, the maintenance of old constructions and structures for commercial and residential purposes. Growing attentiveness and prominence of safety procedures as well as growing inclination towards light weighted materials, which need surplus safety are the key drivers of the market.
As the strict safety guidelines and fire resistance standards established for the newly built structures must be met in the ever-growing urbanization, the building & construction industry are anticipated to deliver growth prospects in the cellulosic fire protection market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic had a negative impact on the cellulosic fire protection market. With the implementation of lockdowns across the globe as a measure to prevent the widespread of the COVID 19 pandemic, the construction activities for both residential and commercial segment were on a halt or cancelled. The maintenance of the pre-existing structures were also postponed. The automobile sector also took a hit from the situation as the travel restrictions were imposed, restricting the sales of automobiles as well as a sharp drop in the sales of petroleum products. This led to a decrease in demand of the oil & gas which thus led to production cuts and maintenance and construction of oil wells. On the other hand, the supply chain got disrupted, hampering the growth of the global cellulosic fire protection market.
Top Impacting Factors
- The need to comply with the stringent regulations and norms put forward by the regulatory bodies such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) and Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM), the builders as well as the paints and coatings companies are paying more attention towards intumescent and cementitious coatings for the purpose of fire protection, along with the other products like protective coatings, and anti-carbonation coatings.
- They are not only applicable for the novel constructions, but are also applicable to the older ones. Since, quite a lot of buildings across the globe are old and require maintenance, these fire protection materials can be applied in order to replenish the building structure as well as make them fire resistant. These materials, especially cellulosic fire protection intumescent coatings, do not only protect the structures against fire but also protect them against rusting, corrosion, and effects of adverse atmospheric conditions, prolonging the lifespan of the structures.
- Growing requirement of energy, shale gas, and coal bed methane (CBM) in oil & gas resources market is expected to arise as a key influence improving the global cellulosic fire protection market growth. Amplified worldwide investments in the maintenance and restoration of oil & gas drilling devices and platforms are also expected to drive the demand for cellulose fire intumescent coatings.
- However, the long term exposure of these materials to the adverse climatic conditions can result in peeling off of these coatings. Also, in contact with fire, they lead to emission of smoke which may in fact hamper the visibility during evacuation. They also require very accurate application, as the inapt application may lead to sagging of the coatings.
- New product launches to flourish the market: The enterprises like Jotun have launched the green building solutions which utilize cellulosic fire protection coatings and paints with low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) gain better LEED green building ratings by adequate fire protection as well as making the structures more energy efficient.
- The water-borne solutions are expected to have a better growth due to their ease of cleaning for the residential applications, lesser VOC content and enhanced fire protection properties. With the rapid urbanization and infrastructure development across the world, especially in the developing nations of APAC and MEA regions, the demand for the fire protection systems is increasing sharply. The North American regions are already a world leader in the market due to their infrastructural growth, industrialization and oil exploration activities. Following North America is Europe, which is complying with the strict safety and fire resistance regulations for constructions and converting the older ones to green buildings.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Cellulosic Fire Protection industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Cellulosic Fire Protection market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Cellulosic Fire Protection market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Cellulosic Fire Protection market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Cellulosic Fire Protection Market Report Highlights
By End Use
Key Market Players
3M, Hempel A/S, The Sherwin-Williams Company, Albi Protective Coatings, No-Burn Inc., Tor Coatings., Rudolf Hensel GmbH, PPG Industries, Inc., Isolatek International, Nullifire, Carboline, Sika AG