Fibers that are obtained from plant pulps are known as man-made cellulose fibers or manufactured fibers. Strength, low weight, and moisture absorbency are the key characteristics that make these fibers ideal for various applications across numerous end-user industries. They are increasingly substituting cotton fibers in various industries due to decline in cotton production. Manufacturers are developing new fibers possessing premium qualities such as water retention for use in textile industry to meet the growing consumers demand.
Growth in adoption of cellulosic man-made fibers in textile industry as a cotton alternative, increase in demandsupply gap, and rise in preference for biodegradable fabrics are major factors that drive growth of cellulosic man-made fibers across the globe. Moreover, increase in pressure on fiber manufacturers to develop green and innovative fibers derived from plant sources instead of petrochemicals is anticipated to supplement market growth. However, high production costs, fluctuation in price of raw materials such as wood pulp, and stringent environment regulations towards deforestation restrain the market growth. Increase in demand from emerging economies and growth in usage of skin-friendly textile are expected to provide potential growth opportunities for market expansion.
The report segments the cellulosic man-made fibers market on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is divided into viscose fiber, lyocell fiber, modal fiber, and acetate fiber. Applications covered in the study include apparel, home textile, industrial, and others (filtration and composites). Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Baoding Swan Fiber Co., Ltd., Celanese Corporation, Daicel Chemical Industries, Ltd., Eastman Chemical Company, Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Grasim Industries Limited, Kelheim Fibres GmbH, Lenzing Corporation, Mitsubishi Rayon Co., Ltd. and Nantong Cellulose Fibers Co Ltd. are provided in the report.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global cellulosic man-made fibers market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Cellulosic Man-made Fibers Market Key Segments:
- Viscose Fiber
- Lyocell Fiber
- Modal Fiber
- Acetate Fiber
- Home Textile
- Others (Filtration and Composites)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
Other Market Players
- Century Rayon Limited
- Glanzstoff Austria GmbH & Co. KG
- Sateri Holdings Limited
- SmartFiber AG
- Solvay Acetow GmbH
- Tangshan Sanyou Xingda Chemical Fiber Co., Ltd.
- Thai Rayon Public Co. Ltd.
- Weyerhaeuser Company
- Xinxiang Bailu Chemical Fiber Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Fulida Co., Ltd.
- Zhuhai Acetate Fiber Co., Ltd.