Cement packaging is an important factor for any cement producing company as well as for the sellers of the cement. It should be packed in such bags or sacks, which help prevent the cement from getting exposed to the moisture. For packaging of the cement, the bags or sacks are made up of paper and plastics. These sacks are produced by using many layers of plastics and after that the paper sack is coated by using the plastic film layers to prevent the moisture so that quality of the cement can be maintained. Also, the plastic bags which are woven are used for cement packaging purpose.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for cementpackaging is expected to decrease in 2020 due to low demand from different industries such as manufacturing, food industry due to the lockdown imposed by government of many countries.
- COVID-19 crisis is likely to affect the cementpackaging industry negatively, as a result of halted manufacturing and massive reduction in demand for luxury and non-essential services globally.
- COVID-19 crisis had a mixed impact on the packaging industry, mainly due to closure of physical retail stores globally. However, the availability of online retailing has absorbed the high impact of this shutdown.
- The requirement of eCommerce specific packaging is likely to remain strong, although the ecommerce companies would have to focus on protection of goods and sanitization of packages.
- In addition, the food packaging industry is on the frontline within the global packaging market, owing to the demand for essential products such as groceries and fresh food mainly from local e-retail sites.
- Industrial, transportation, and bulk packaging has faced a sharp decline, owing to decreased demand for non-essential goods during the first two quarters of 2020.
- Owing to the lowered disposable income of maximum population and weak demand for packaging from industrial goods, the packaging industry might face significant pressure of reduction in both wholesale as well as retail costs.
- Consumers are likely to stay hesitant for consumption of luxury products, travel, and hospitality services, which is expected to hinder the packaging industry growth in the future after the COVID-19 crisis.
Top impacting factors:
Packaging of cement is considered to be the factor of high importance for both seller and producer. In addition, cement packaging is important in terms of protection of cement from moisture and to achieve the sustainability targets.
The global construction market is estimated to grow over $8 trillion by 2030. The developing nations like China and India will be the major contributors to this growth. Moreover, the U.S.is anticipate to be the major contributor toward the growth of the market. Thus, growth in construction is expected to boost the demand for cement in the market. However, protection of cement from moisture and its shelf life are the major concerns to look after to achieve sustainable targets. Moreover, cost of storage and transportation are other factors that affect the market growth.
Cement companies are now trying to achieve sustainability in packaging of the cement and hence trying to discover sustainable solutions. Hence, many companies prefer the use of paper bags which have long shelf life over the conventional plastic bags.
Key driving factors for the growth of cement packaging market:
Construction industry is growing in many developing countries in the world and there is an increase in the demand for cement from the construction companies. Hence, this factor is considered to be key driving factor for the growth of the cement packaging market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the cement packaging market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the cement packaging market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the cement packaging market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed cement packaging market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Cement packaging Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Mondi Plc, Edna Group, LC Packaging International BV, Unisun packaging, ToolAsian Polysacks Pvt. Ltd., Gempack, Taurus Packaging, Uflex Ltd., Rosenflex UK Ltd., Gascogne SA, Volgopromtrans LLC, Bischof + Klein SE & Co. KG