The centesis catheters market is expected to witness growth in upcoming years due to factors such as increase in target patient population, which mostly includes patients suffering from cancer, tuberculosis and cardiovascular diseases.
Centesis catheter is a needle catheter that is designed for small abscess fluid aspirations and drainage procedures during processes such as paracentesis, thoracentesis, arthrocentesis and aminocentesis. The drainage of fluid is done by puncturing the organ or body cavity with a hollow needle and removing the contents with the help of syringe or proper collection container. Centesis catheters are classified into large bore and small bore. Centesis catheters are mostly used during paracentesis related to liver cirrhosis, cystic fibrosis, chronic liver failure and gastrointestinal malignancies.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
To take care of the infected population, the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Considering these factors, COVID -19 is expected to have significant impact on the centesis catheters market.
Top Impacting factors:
- Factors such as increase in population of target patients. Mostly, patients suffering from diseases such as tuberculosis, cancer and cardiovascular diseases and rise in preference for image guided centesis is expected to increase the growth for the centesis catheters market.
- Awareness about the efficacy of centesis procedures for the target diseases among the doctors is expected to boost the market growth for centesis catheters.
- Restraining factors such as premium pricing of the products and complications related to the centesis procedures can hamper the growth of the centesis catheters market up to some extent over the forecast period.
New Product Launch / News:
- In 2019, Merit Medical (US) launched the ReSolve Mini Locking Drainage Catheter with a 42% smaller pigtail design (as compared to the other ReSolve Mini drainage catheters offered by the company).
- In 2019, Galt Medical Corp (US) acquired Arrotek Medical Limited (Ireland) that expanded the former’s minimally invasive devices portfolio.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global centesis catheters market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the investments.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the centesis catheters market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the centesis catheters market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed centesis catheters market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the centesis catheters market report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the centesis catheters market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What Segments and region will drive the market growth & why?
- What will be the future trends that will shape the global centesis catheters market over the upcoming years?
Centesis Catheters Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
KM Medical, Blue Neem Medical Devices, Cardinal Health, Boston Scientific Corporation, Axiom Medical, Becton, Dickinson and Company, AngioDynamics, Argon Medical, Avanos Medical Devices, Medtronic