Centrifugal pump is referred to as a mechanical pump designed to move the fluid by means of transfer of the rotational energy from one or more driven rotors called impellers. The centrifugal blood pump is used to pump the blood through the extracorporeal bypass for cardiopulmonary circulatory supports. It is mainly indicated for use in cardiopulmonary support systems that does not require complete cardiopulmonary bypass like valvuloplasty and surgery of the vena cava or aorta. The advantages of using centrifugal blood pump are like providing advantage of decreased trauma to red blood cells and a less pronounced systemic inflammatory response compared with rollers pump. Some of the pumps may contain the head called as spinning head which is controlled by the magnets within the cone. It was developed as an implantable left ventricular assist system. The entire blood contacting surface is coated with carbon to improve the blood compatibility. It can measure the flow rates of up to 7L/min against 100 mmHg pressure at 2500 rpm with 9W of power consumption. In an experiment conducted about the left ventricular apex-descending aorta bypass, it was observed that the pump power consumption remained stable at 9-10 W. All plasma free hemoglobin levels were measured at below 15mg /dl.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
To take care of infected population the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, Impact Analysis
The increase in the demand of the surgical procedures of the heart that uses the centrifugal blood pump devices is supposed to fuel the growth of the market. The lower priming volume and limited contact surfaces of the devices make it potential pump for the application which increases the usage of the pumps, which in turn increase the growth of the market. The increasing adoption of these devices for the severely ill patients with the cases of myocardial infarction is helping in the growth of the market. Also, the increasing demand for the cardiac assist devices used for the treatment of the cardiopulmonary bypass is helping to boost the growth of the market. Moreover, the increase in the development of the devices for increasing the efficiency of the devices is helping to increase the growth of the centrifugal blood pump market.
However, the lack of awareness about the treatment of the heart diseases and the use of the devices in the treatment are expected to hamper the growth of the market.
New product launches to flourish the market:
In December 2019, the Quantum centrifugal blood pump designed by Qura s.r.l received the approval called CE Approval.
In April 2020, the U.S FDA approved the device named Quantum PureFlow Centrifugal Blood Pump. This was announced by the Qura S.r.l.
Surge in the usage of the centrifugal blood pump devices:
The increase in the demand of surgical procedures of the heat using the centrifugal pumps and rise in awareness about the treatment of the heart disease can help to surge the usage of the centrifugal blood pump devices.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global centrifugal blood pump industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global centrifugal blood pump market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global centrifugal blood pump market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global centrifugal blood pump market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the centrifugal blood pump Market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the centrifugal blood pump market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Centrifugal Blood Pump Market Report Highlights
By Motor type
By End user
Key Market Players
Braile Biomedica Ltd., Qura SRL.,, Kyocera Corporation, Medtronic PLC., Others., Getinge AB., Thoratec Corporation., Baxter International Inc., Xenios AG, LivaNova PLC., Terumo Corporation