Cephalosporin is a class of antibiotics that inhibits the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall and thereby inhibits cell synthesis. They are originally derived from the fungus Acremonium and used as alternative for penicillin in many patients.
Rise in R&D activities in many countries and growth in demand of anti-bacterial drugs drive the market. However, unfavorable regulatory policies and unexpected results of R&D research hinder the market growth. Opportunities in the emerging economies of Asia-Pacific and LAMEA provide growth prospects for the market.
The report segments the global cephalosporin market based on generation, route of administration, and region. Based on generation, the market is divided into first-generation, second-generation, third-generation, fourth-generation, and fifth-generation cephalosporin. Based on route of administration, it is bifurcated into injection and oral. By geography, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players operating in the market include Allergan, Astellas, Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck, Abbott, Aspen Pharmacare, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, and Pfizer.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading players across various regions.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions are provided to elucidate the prevailing opportunities in these regions.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in the report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework.
Cephalosporin Market Key Segments:
- First-generation Cephalosporin
- Second-generation Cephalosporin
- Third-generation Cephalosporin
- Fourth-generation Cephalosporin
- Fifth-generation Cephalosporin
By Route of Administration
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA