Ceramic foam is made from ceramics, where both oxide and non-oxide ceramics are used to manufacture ceramic foam. The open cell polymer foam is impregnated with ceramic slurry and then fired in an oven, which leaves only the ceramic material forming the ceramic foam. This ceramic foam is tough, and can be used in high temperature. Some of the common ceramic foams used in industries are aluminum oxide, zirconium oxide, and silicon carbide.
They are widely use in metallurgical industry filter, thermal & sound insulating material, and automobile exhaust gas purification due to it attractive characteristics such as low thermal conductivity, enhanced filtering capabilities, and high temperature resistant.
Increase in the use of ceramic foams in different industries is a key driver of the market. Furthermore, the use of ceramic foam in pollution control has fueled the demand for ceramic foams. However, the cost of production of ceramic foam is high due to high price of raw materials and production technique hinder the market growth.
Advancements in the production technique to develop enhanced quality ceramic foams are expected to provide growth opportunities for the market.
The ceramic foam market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. By type, the market is categorized into aluminum oxide, zirconium oxide, silicon carbide, and others. Based on application, it is classified into metallurgical industry filter, thermal & sound insulating material, automobile exhaust gas purification and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major player analyzed in this report are SELEE Corporation, LANIK s.r.o., Pyrotek, Ultramet, Drache GmbH, FCRI Ceramics Testing & Technology Service Co., Ltd., Guizhou New Material Dev. Co. Ltd., Ferro-Term Sp. z o.o., Jincheng Fuji New Material Co., Ltd., and ERG Aerospace Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Ceramic Foam Market Key Segments:
- Aluminum Oxide
- Zirconium Oxide
- Silicon Carbide
- Others (Silica Oxide,Magnesium Oxide, and Others)
- Metallurgical Industry Filter
- Thermal & Sound Insulating Material
- Automobile Exhaust Gas Purification
- Others (Electronics Industry, Biomedical, and Others)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA