Ceramic Textiles Market Analysis
Ceramic textiles or ceramic matrix composites are non-brittle refractory materials, which are made to sustain severe (high corrosive, pressure, temperature, and stress levels) environments. These textiles are made from alumina-silica ceramic fiber, which holds 53% Silica and about 47% Alumina. Ceramic textiles come with unique properties, such as low high specific strength over a large temperature range,specific weight, and excellent damage tolerance, majorly as compared to monolithic ceramics, which makes them enormously fascinating as a construction material.
Ceramic textiles do not contain asbestos and crystalline silica, which is also called as free silica. This material is generally used up to 2300F. Moreover, this textile material is way too complicated than a blend of wools, cottons, and polyesters. Furthermore, fiber-reinforced ceramics are a key technology used in the production of rocket engines. Some types of ceramics show thermally-induced photoluminescence, emitting light in the far infrared (FIR) region of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- The global market for ceramics textiles is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The COVID-19 pandemic saw a decline in the economic growth in almost all the major countries, thus affecting consumer spending patterns.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to hamper the production rate of ceramics textiles, which negatively impact the market growth.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends and Drivers
The ceramics textile market is dominated by the end-use industrial sector. It would also rise during the forecast period, with the highest CAGR. This is primarily due to the globally rising petrochemical, steel, and aluminum end-use industries. High demand for end products from industries such as iron & steel, aluminium, petrochemicals and others pushes ceramic fiber production. Asia-Pacific is the largest and fastest expanding ceramic textile market. The same is responsible for infrastructural development in the Asia-Pacific region and growing industrialization. Most of the emerging economies are in this region, too. In addition, large-scale transport projects are rising in this area to meet growing population needs. Moreover, ceramic cloth is the largest market in the form segment of ceramic textiles.
Ceramic fabric properties such as insulation, good efficiency at low temperatures, and heat insulation lead to its huge market size. It has extensive applications including welding foundry works, aluminum and steel mills, boiler insulation and sealing, shipyards, refineries, power plants, and chemical plants. Braids would be the fastest-growing segment in the market. The characteristics of braids such as maximum resistance to mechanical abuse, superior strength, minimal unravelling would trigger the growth of the segment. However, ceramic textiles are carcinogenic in nature and they have durability issues, and these could hamper the growth of ceramic textiles market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global ceramic textiles market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global ceramic textiles market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global ceramic textiles market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global ceramic textiles market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Ceramic Textiles Market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the ceramic textiles market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the ceramic textiles market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Ceramic Textiles Market Report Highlights
By Fiber Type
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
The 3M Company, Isolite Insulating Products Co., Ltd., Luyang Energy-Saving Materials Co., Ltd., Mineral Seal Corporation, Zircar Zirconia, Inc., Morgan Advanced Materials Corporation, Unifrax Corporation, Rath Inc., Rauschert Steinbach GmbH, Kyocera Corporation