Ceramic inks are carriers of ceramic fine particle metallic oxide pigments. These inks are used in automatic application techniques. Ceramic ink is suspended in a medium so that it can have the physical consistency appropriate for producing fine details. Ceramic inks are available in the form of gel or liquid. The fastest growing application of the ceramic inks market is ceramic tiles. With rise in industrialization, there is a need to improve the aesthetics of buildings to address the functional requirement of customers. Ceramic tile has become the most popular material due to its properties such as high durability, resistance to wear, and color permanence. It also provides floral pattern, metallic view, photographic image production, and other artistic effects. These ceramic tiles have gained huge demand in the market, especially in developing economies with the changing lifestyle trend and increase in income of the population. As a result, consumers now prefer ceramic tiles over other flooring and wall decoration options. This, in turn, is expected to increase the demand for ceramic inks in coming years.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the ceramic tiles printing machine market, owing to the prolonged lockdown in major countries. This has hampered the growth of the ceramic tiles printing market significantly from last few months, and is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020, and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth during the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries, including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which are badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on their cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond to immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Ceramic tiles printing machine has applications in the manufacturing industry and decorative materials. Increase in product demand in decoration is rising, which acts as the driving factor.
Increase in usage of ceramic inks as decorative materials on ceramic tiles
Ceramic inks are used on ceramic tiles, which are employed in the construction of buildings. These tiles are commonly used to decorate rooms and restrooms. Ceramic inks are used to print various designs on ceramic tiles. As these inks are resistant to water and several other liquids, they are extensively used to print on ceramic tiles. Large amount of glass is used in the construction industry to decorate various aspects inside buildings. Ceramic inks are used to print designs on glass. Weather-resistant properties of ceramic glass make it an ideal material to print designs on decorative glass. The trend of using decorative ceramic tiles and glass in construction is expected to continue during the forecast period. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the demand for ceramic inks market in the construction industry.
Development of specific ceramic inks for digital printing creates opportunities
Ceramic inks that are utilized in computerized printing are costlier than those in simple printing. However, the measure of clay inks required for computerized printing is different than in simple printing. This is fundamentally on the grounds that the utilization of advanced printing is expanding across the globe. Computerized printing offers a few focal points over simple printing, specifically ease, higher customization, large scale manufacturing, condition amicability, and fast changes to structures. Synthetic plans and shading colors utilized in fired inks for advanced printing are not the same as those utilized in simple printing. Moreover, artistic ink makers need to concentrate more on definitions intended for advanced printing innovation as the business moves to exploit computerized printing by embracing advanced printing innovation instead of simple printing innovation. Furthermore, digital printing innovation was created after simple printing innovation. However, it has become the essential innovation utilized in the printing of earthenware items, for example, silverware and tiles. Innovative work in computerized printing has made it usable for different purposes, for example, clay tiles, silverware, and glass printing. The portion of advanced printing innovation has expanded due to increase in applications.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the ceramic tiles printing machine market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the future of the market.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the ceramic tiles printing machine market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the ceramic tiles printing machine market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Ceramic Tile Printing Machine Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Ferro Corporation, Esmalglass–Itaca Group, Fritta, Kao Chimigraf, Colorobbia Italia spa