Ceramics are inorganic non-metallic materials that are hard and brittle in nature. These clear like materials are moulded into different shapes for different purposes such as earthenware, porcelain, and others. Ceramics are highly malleable and ductile thermally and chemically stable. Most of the ceramic materials act as good electrical insulators; however, there are few exceptions such as superconductive ceramics and piezoelectric ceramics. These materials have a wide range of applications in different end-user industries including construction, health care, and others.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected the growth of the global ceramics market.
- As a result of the nationwide lockdowns in different nations, most of the manufacturing facilities were immensely affected. This has resulted in a fall in demand for ceramics in the market.
- Since the advent of the pandemic, the construction sector had a severe downfall. As a result, the demand for ceramics in the construction sector is decreasing thereby affecting the market growth.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends , Drivers and Impact Analysis
The surge in number of applications of ceramics in the construction industry is a major factor driving the growth of the ceramics market around the world. Ceramic materials are extensively used in the production of bricks, tiles, and other sanitary ware that are further utilized in the construction activities. On the other hand, ceramics are also used in advanced 3D printing and nanotechnology. The advanced ceramics including the superconductive ceramics have a wide area of applications in the electronics sector due to their superior electric and magnetic properties. Presently, several major players are investing on expanding their business operations in order to gain competitive advantage in the market. However, the fluctuating prices of the raw materials limit the market growth.
The market in the Asia-Pacific region accounts for a significant share of the global ceramics market because of its high demand in the construction sector in the region. The market in Europe and North America regions is also expected to witness lucrative growth owing to the rise in number of applications in nanotechnology and 3D printing
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global ceramics industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global ceramics market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global ceramics market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global ceramics market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Ceramics Market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the ceramics market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Ceramics Market Report Highlights
By End-use Industry
Key Market Players
Saint Gobain, Applied Ceramics Inc., 3M, CoorsTek, Kyocera Corp., Corning Inc., CeramTec, Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Blasch Precision Ceramics Inc, Morgan Advanced Materials