Thrombectomy is a surgical procedure of removing thrombi (blood clots) from a blood vessel. The removal of a blood clot from brain is known as cerebral thrombectomy. Cerebral thrombectomy systems help remove blood clots from the brain. The blockage is caused due to an embolus, an atheromatous stenosis or a thrombus of one or more arteries.
Growth in incidences of chronic inflammatory diseases, sickle cell anemia, and kidney problems drive the market. However, high cost associated with the surgical procedures and less awareness among individuals impede the market growth. Moreover, R&D investments coupled with technological advancements in healthcare sector create lucrative opportunities for key market players in developing cost-efficient products.
The global cerebral thrombectomy systems market is segmented based on product type, utility, and geography. Based on product type, the market is divided into suction devices, catheters with balloons, snares, enveloping coil, rheolytic devices, and laser-based devices. Based on utility, it is bifurcated into reusable devices and disposable devices. Based on geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players, such as Terumo Corporation, Johnson and Johnson, Inc., Stryker Corporation, Vascular Solutions, Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic plc, Teleflex Incorporated, Penumbra Inc., The Spectranetics Corporation and AngioDynamics, Inc., are also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging trends and dynamics in the global cerebral thrombectomy systems market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2016 and 2023 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain to understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
Cerebral Thrombectomy Systems Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Suction Devices
- Catheters with Balloons
- Enveloping Coil
- Rheolytic Devices
- Laser-Based Devices
- Reusable Devices
- Disposable Devices
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA