Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) is a body fuel found in the brain and spinal cord, which provides mechanical and immunological protection to the brain. Various management devices are used such as CSF shunts and CSF drainage systems, which manage the flow of CSF in the body away from the ventricles in a controlled manner, thus preventing abnormal accumulation of CSF or hydrocephalus.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) management devices market include increasing prevalence of neurological disorders, increasing geriatric population, high demand for minimally invasive surgeries, rising disposable incomes, development of healthcare infrastructure, and development of advanced devices. However, high costs of devices and associated infections caused by CSF shunts restrain the market growth. The introduction of new products and technological advancements has led hospitals to treat many neurovascular disorders, which will further provide lucrative market growth opportunities during the forecast period.
The cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) management devices market is segmented on the basis of product, type, end user, and region. On the basis of product, the market is segmented into CSF shunts and CSF drainage systems. CSF shunts is further segmented into fixed and adjustable CSF shunts. CSF drainage systems are further divided into ventricular and lumbar drainage system. According to end user, the market is divided into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and neurosurgical centers. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market are Medtronic Plc., Integra LifeSciences Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, DePuy Synthes Companies, Sophysa SA, BeckerSmith Medical, Inc., Biometri, Spiegelberg GmbH & Co. KG, Mller Medical GmbH, and Dispomedica GmbH.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) management devices market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) management devices market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) management devices market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) management devices market.
Global Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Management Devices Market Key Segments:
- CSF Shunts
- Fixed CSF Shunts
- Adjustable CSF Shunts
- CSF Drainage Systems
- Ventricular Drainage System
- Lumbar Drainage System
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Neurological Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA