Cervical cancer is an uncontrolled growth of cells in the cervix region, which is accompanied by symptoms such as abnormal vaginal bleeding, pelvic pain, pain during sexual intercourse, and abnormal vaginal discharge. Anti-cancer therapy is useful in the treatment and prevention of cervical cancer. It includes surgery, radiation therapy, chemoradiation, and chemotherapy.
The global cervical cancer drugs market is driven by high prevalence of cancer, rise in incidence of HIV in women, unprotected/unsafe sex, and lack of knowledge regarding diagnostic tests for prevention of invasive cancer. However, high cost of treatment and lack of awareness about the disease in the developing nations are expected to restrain the market growth. On the contrary, proactive government initiatives to spread awareness about cervical cancer are expected to drive the market growth.
The global cervical cancer drugs market is segmented on the basis of indication, treatment type, end user, and geography. Based on disease indication, it is divided into pre-malignant lesions, early invasive stage, and advanced invasive stage. Based on the treatment type, it is classified into cryotherapy, cold knife cone biopsy simple hysterectomy, laser surgery, LEEP (loop electrosurgical excision procedure), cone biopsy, radical trachelectomy, targeted therapy, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and hormone therapy. Based on end user, it is categorized into hospitals, cancer palliative care clinics, diagnostic centers, and pharmacies. Geographically, it is analyzed into four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Hetero, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Eli Lilly and Company, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Pfizer, Inc., Allergan plc., Biocon Limited, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, and Novartis AG.
- The report presents the market analysis of the global cervical cancer drugs market along with the regional trend and future estimations.
- Comprehensive analysis of the industry along with competitive rivalry is provided in the report.
- It provides extensive information about the market segments from 2016 to 2023 to understand the market dynamics.
- The key factors that drive, hamper, or provide opportunities to the market are provided in the report
- Competitive landscape of the industry along with the profile analysis of market players is provided in the report.
Cervical Cancer Drugs Market Key Segments
By Disease Indication
- Pre-malignant Lesions
- Early Invasive Stage
- Advanced Invasive Stage
By Treatment Type
- Cold Knife Cone Biopsy
- Simple Hysterectomy
- Laser Surgery
- LEEP (Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure)
- Cone Biopsy
- Radical Trachelectomy
- Targeted Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
By End User
- Palliative Care Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA