Cancer has been globally affecting 10million people and it is expected to increase by 2.4% by 2020, reaching to 14 million. Cervical Cancer is a form of cancer that forms in the cervix region of the female reproductive system. The cancer is usually a slow developing type of cancer which may or may not show symptoms of the diseases. The cancer is usually caused by the HPV (Human papilloma virus) infection. In 2013, the number of new cases in the United States was estimated to be 12,340 and the number of deaths due to cervical cancer was estimated to be 4,030.
The factors that are driving the cervical cancer market are HPV infection, women having many sexual partners, women getting sexually active at an early age, smoking, certain genetic factors and weak immune system. The factors limiting the growth of this market are the complex tests that require many sampling instruments, need of trained pathologists & cyto-technicians, need for continuous monitoring to obtain high quality results. Due to the above factors, it takes months to obtain a report and it adds to the difficulty of following-up with women patients. The opportunities for the growth of this market are exploring new markets where the treatment is not available yet and reducing the cost of the treatment. These factors can provide a profitable opportunity for efficient and effective treatment.
The key players profiled in this report are Abbott laboratories, Becton, Dickenson and co., Roche diagnostics, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Pfizer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Digene corp., Dendreon corp., and SANOFI.
- The scope of the report is to analyze the Cervical Cancer market
- The objective of the report is to provide in-depth analysis of segments such as geography and types of tests, in the Cervical Cancer market
- The report evaluates the key factors that prove to be drivers and restraints for the market
- To analyze the Cervical Cancer market based on the various segments to forecast growth till 2020.
- To analyze the market factors in various geographic regions to explore the business opportunities.
KEY MARKET SEGMENT
BY TEST TYPES
- Pap smear tests market
- Colposcopy tests market
- ECC procedure market
- North America
- Drug Manufacturers
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Private and Government Research Institutes
- Academic Institutes