Cervical disc replacement (CDR) is a procedure that enables restoring of motion to the spine by replacing the degenerated and worn disc. CDR is used to treat degenerative disc disorders (DDD), which is a clinical condition in which spinal disc is affected. During CDR, degenerated disc is removed surgically and an artificial disc is implanted in the vertebra. It is a minimal incision surgery (MIS), and possesses various advantages such as rapid recovery post-surgery and short hospital stay.
The factors that drive the growth of the cervical disc replacement market are rise in ageing population, increase in demand for advanced CDR devices, surge in prevalence of degenerative disc diseases, and rise in number of suppliers investing in improved next-generation cervical total disc replacement devices. However, stringent government regulations for approval of replacement procedures and high cost of surgeries restrict the market growth. Conversely, consistent investment in R&D activities by key players is anticipated to provide lucrative growth opportunities for the market.
The report segments the global cervical disc replacement market based on material type, end user, and region. On the basis of material type, the market is bifurcated into metal on a biocompatible material (M-o-B) and metal on metal (M-o-M). In terms of end user, it is categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. Regionally, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the global cervical disc replacement market include Medtronic plc, Depuy Synthes (J&J), Globus Medical, Inc., NuVasive, Inc., LDR Holding Corporation, Simplant LTD, Ranier Technology Limited, Stryker Corporation, AxioMed LLC, and Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global cervical disc replacement market and the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents quantitative analysis of the market from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market based on product assists to understand the trends in the industry.
- Key market players and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Cervical Disc Replacement Market Key Segments:
By Materials Type
- Metal on a Biocompatible Material (M-o-B)
- Metal on Metal (M-o-M)
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA