A cervical plate is a medically designed implant utilized during fusion procedures and spinal instrumentation and to give neck stability. Cervical plates improve the rate of fusion and, in some cases, may lessen the necessity for external bracing following surgery. Depending on the number of spinal levels involved and the procedure, one or more plates are implanted. The plate is kept in place by screws set into adjacent vertebrae. Cervical plates are part of an instrumentation system, which provides the surgeon with specialized tools to deliver a perfect fit. The plates are manufactured to conform to the contour of the spine. When the plate needs adjustment, a contouring tool is used to customize the fit to the patient's cervical anatomy.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the cervical plate market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in cases of life-threatening infections and tumors, rise in demand for cervical fusion surgery, surge in awareness towards tumor treatment, a partnership between cervical plate manufacturers and orthopedic hospitals for developing orthopedic treatment are factors that drive the growth of the cervical plate market.
- In addition, rise in income and developing healthcare infrastructure in emerging economies, increase in expendable income, surge in prevalence of cervical spine infection and degenerative diseases has raised the adoption rate of cervical plating in diagnosis and fusion surgery are some factors which boost the market growth for cervical plates.
- However, high cost of cervical fusion surgery, high postoperative risk of infection while establishing a cervical plating system, strict regulatory policies by the government regarding the acceptance of cervical plating products hinder the market growth.
- Contrarily, favorable reimbursement policies and support from the government for regulatory approval will present new pathways in the industry.
Cervical Plate Market Trends
New product launches to flourish the market
In November 2020, NuVasive Inc. launched C360 cervical spine portfolio with its Anterior Cervical Plating system. The product is the next step towards lessening postoperative complications like adjacent level ossification, dysphagia, and mal-alignment. It will also assist doctors in developing custom treatment options.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the cervical plate industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the cervical plate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the cervical plate market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed cervical plate market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the cervical plate Report
- Which are the leading players active in the cervical plate market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the cervical plate market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the cervical plate market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Cervical plate"?
- What is "Cervical plate" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Cervical plate" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Cervical plate" Market report?
Cervical Plate Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
LDR, Orthofix, Globus Medical, Nu-Vasive, Alphatec Spine, Zimmer Biomet, Exactech, Stryker, DePuy Synthes, Medtronic