A chainsaw is a portable and handy mechanical device that serves a primary use of cutting wood and related products. It is widely used in construction activities such as infrastructure remodeling in industrial, commercial, and residential sectors. They are 10 times faster than ordinary hand saws. Chainsaws take a little space in the residential spaces and are very easy to refuel. Many players in the market are investing in R&D for the advancement of the product to make it eco-friendly and efficient electrical chainsaws with high power work. Electric chainsaws come in two variants of electricity connected and battery-powered. Electric chainsaws are lightweight and have less operational cost and cause less noise pollution.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of various products in the chainsaw industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of the chainsaw market significantly in the last few months, and is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to impact the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of COVID-19, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, the potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and the financial recovery of companies is based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top Impacting Factors
Increase in demand in the construction industry drives the growth of the chainsaw market. Similarly, rise in requirement in furniture manufacturing and demand for commodities is escalating the market growth. In addition, many policies against deforestation and fluctuating prices of raw materials for manufacturing chainsaws hamper the market growth to some extent. Moreover, the rise in use of wooden furniture, premium furniture, and inclination from traditional fuel chainsaws toward eco-friendly electric chainsaws is projected to provide growth opportunities for the players in the market.
- New products that contain improved capabilities have been launched by the leading market players. They have taken necessary steps to improve the accuracy of devices and overall functionality as well. For instance, Husqvarna launched its new 70cc chainsaw which is manufactured in Sweden. The product launch has enhanced the product offerings by Husqvarna to sustain the competition in the chainsaw market.
- Similarly, competitors in the chainsaw market adopted acquisition as their key developmental strategy to expand their geographical foothold and upgrade their product technologies. For instance, Makita Corporation announced the acquisition of Amadera Pneumatics Co., Ltd. in March 2019 and converted it into a subsidiary. The acquisition of Amadera Pneumatics complements the portfolio and expand its range of chainsaw including manufacturing of compressors used in building sites
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the chainsaw industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the chainsaw market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the chainsaw market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed chainsaw market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Chainsaw Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Hitachi Ltd., Husqvarna Group, Andreas Stihl AG & Co. KG., Makita U.S.A. Inc, Robert Bosch GmbH, Zhejiang Zomax Garden Machinary Co. Ltd., Stanley Black & Decker Inc., Blount International Inc., Briggs & Stratton Corporation, Remington Power Tools