Chemical enhanced oil recovery (EOR) is a method used to recover oil, which is applied to proliferate the amount of crude oil that can be extracted from oil fields. This technique is implemented in favorable geological conditions as depicted by single well or inter-well tracers and water flooding performances.
Increase in number of innovations related to chemical EOR, such as robust hybrid processes, and low cost of chemicals used in comparison to price of crude oil produced drive the market growth. However, complex technology involved for this process, geological dependency of this technique, and risk of formation damage while drilling impede this growth. Formation damage can lead to reduced production and decrease in injection rates. Use of bio-based chemicals by market players, owing to its environment-friendly nature, is expected to present as a major opportunity for growth.
The chemical EOR market is segmented based on origin, technique, type, application, and geography. Based on origin, the market is divided into petro-based, bio-based, and water-based. Based on technique, it is categorized into polymer flooding (PF), surfactant-polymer (SP) flooding, alkali-surfactant-polymer (ASP) flooding, alkali-co-solvent-polymer (ACP) flooding, and low tension gas flooding (LTG). The type segment includes water-soluble polymers, surfactants, polymer gels, biopolymers, and alkaline chemicals. Application wise, the market is bifurcated into onshore and offshore. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key market players operating in the chemical EOR market are ExxonMobil Corporation, BP p.l.c., China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell plc, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC., PJSC Lukoil Oil Company, Praxair Technology Inc., Chevron Corporation, Petroleo Brasileiro S.A., and Cenovus Energy Inc.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the chemical EOR market through 20162023 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue, and key players operating in this market are listed. .
- The region- and country-wise chemical enhanced oil recovery (EOR) market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of market segmentation is provided, which is expected to assist to deduce the prevailing market opportunities.
Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Market Key Segments:
- Water-soluble Polymers
- Polymer Gels
- Alkaline Chemicals
- Polymer Flooding (PF)
- Surfactant-Polymer (SP) Flooding
- Alkali-Surfactant-Polymer (ASP) Flooding
- Alkali-Co-solvent-Polymer (ACP) Flooding
- Low Tension Gas Flooding (LTG)
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA