Chinese patent medicines refer to herbal medicines, mainly extracted condensed pills called teapills, which are usually small, spherical, and black. Patents may come for various types of medicines such as syrups, dripping pills, liquids, capsules, powders, granules, and instant teas, which are manufactured by Chinese companies and exported within and outside China.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the Chinese patent medicines market include the increasing prevalence of cardiovascular & cerebrovascular diseases, rise in health concerns among people, rising popularity of Chinese patent medicine with less toxicity & fewer side effects, and high demand for traditional Chinese medicine among patients. However, heavy metal contamination and stringent government regulations for prohibited ingredients may restrain the market. The development of drugs with less metal contamination and increasing ageing population presents a major opportunity for the market growth.
The Chinese patent medicines market is segmented on the basis of disease type, dosage forms, end user, and region. Based on disease type, the market is divided into cardiovascular & cerebrovascular diseases, tumor diseases, respiratory system diseases, musculoskeletal diseases, digestive system diseases, and others. On the basis of dosage form the market is segmented into injection, capsule, pills, syrups, and others. According to end user, the market is divided into hospitals, pharmacies or drugstores, and others.
The key players that operate in this market include Guangzhou Baiyunshan Pharmaceutical Holdings Company Limited, Yangtze River Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., Ltd., China Resources Pharmaceutical Group Limited, Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Taiji Group Co., Ltd., Tasly.Phar. International Co., Ltd., Yunnan Baiyao Group Co., Ltd., Zhangzhou Pientzehuang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Shandong Dong-E E-Jiao Co., Ltd., and Tibet Rhodiola Pharmaceutical Holding Co., Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the Chinese patent medicines market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the Chinese patent medicines market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the Chinese patent medicines market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the Chinese patent medicines market.
Chinese Patent Medicine Market Key Segments:
By Disease Type
- Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Tumor Diseases
- Respiratory System Diseases
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Digestive System Diseases
By Dosage Type
By End User
- Pharmacies or Drugstores