Chiral separation column is a technique in which two enantiomers of the same compound with different affinity are separated. The chiral separation is significant, because most of the bioorganic molecules in human body are chiral. It helps in developing technology for analysis and separation of racemic drugs in pharmaceutical industries. The preparation of pure optically active compounds and determination of reaction mechanism & pathways are carried out using chiral separation columns in laboratories.
The advancements in chromatography instruments and importance of chromatography tests for drug approvals are factors that drive the growth of the world chiral separation column market. In addition, increasing tie-ups with research laboratories & academic institutes and government investment in chromatography techniques supplement the growth. However, scarcity of skilled professionals and high costs of instruments hinder the growth of market. Moreover, the growing adoption of green chromatography and rising proteomics market create new opportunities across various geographies.
The world chiral separation columns market is segmented based on applications, material, type, end user, and geography. The applications covered in the report liquid chromatography systems, gas chromatography systems, thin layer chromatography systems, and supercritical fluid chromatography systems. The materials included in the report are metal (stainless steel), glass, and plastic. The market is further classified based on types into empty columns and pre-packed columns. The end-user segment is further divided into pharmaceutical & biotechnology industry, academics, government laboratories, & research institutes, food & beverage industry, hospitals & clinics, neutraceutical companies, cosmetic industry, and environmental agencies. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
The prominent manufacturers operating in the market are Agilent Technologies, Shimadzu Corporation, Thermo-Fisher Scientific Inc., Phenomenex Inc., Waters Corporation, Daicel Corporation, and Sigma-Aldrich Corporation. Partnerships, expansions, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, and others are some of the strategies adopted by these manufacturers to gain strong foothold in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers a detailed analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the world chiral separation columns market.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the world chiral separation columns market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015-2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- An exhaustive analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- Comprehensive analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2015 and 2020.
- An extensive analysis of current research and clinical developments withinthe world chiral separation columns market is provided with key market dynamic factors that help in understanding the behaviour of the market.
- The world chiral separation columns market is segmented into North America, Asia, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Application
- Liquid Chromatography Systems
- Gas Chromatography Systems
- Thin Layer Chromatography Systems
- Supercritical Fluid Chromatography Systems
- By Material
- Metal (Stainless Steel)
- By Type
- Empty Columns
- Pre-Packed Columns
- By End user
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Industry
- Academics, Government Laboratories, & Research Institutes
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Neutraceutical Companies
- Cosmetic Industry
- Environmental Agencies
- By Geography
- North America
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA)
Key Market Players:
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Agilent Technologies
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Thermo-Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Phenomenex Inc.
- Waters Corporation
- Daicel Corporation
- Sigma-Aldrich Corporation