Chitin and its derivatives are naturally occurring polymers and furnish an ecofriendly solution to a wide variety of applications including biomedical, water treatment, fertilizers, pharmaceuticals, and pesticides. Chitin is the worlds second largest biopolymer after cellulose and is used in major end-user industries such as food & beverages, agrochemicals, personal care, biomedicine, and others. Chitin shares numerous biochemical similarities with plant cellulose. It is a neutrally charged and long-chained linear polymeric polysaccharide and is widely used in the construction of physical and mechanical barriers to achieve structural stability.
The global chitin fertilizer market witnesses huge potential growth opportunities in the past few years. There is also an increase in demand for chitin owing to its easy production process and easy availability. Excellent characteristic properties such as biocompatibility, nontoxicity, and biodegradability make chitosan ideal for making biomedical products, artificial organs, and implants. In addition, rise in number of lifestyle diseases coupled with increase in adoption of chitin in the major end-user industries such as textile, personal care, and healthcare are anticipated to fuel the growth of the global market during the forecast period. Moreover, abundance of raw materials coupled with emerging applications from distinct end-use industries are some other key elements anticipated to fuel the market of the market. Furthermore, increase in investments in R&D activities especially to focus on the discovery of novel applications along with development of the existing technology are also projected to augment the overall demand for chitin in the foreseeable years. However, high production cost coupled with product inconsistency due to regional, seasonal, and chemical alterations hinder the market growth.
The global chitin fertilizer market can be segmented on the basis of source, application, and geography. On the basis of source, the market is classified into shrimp, crab, krill, lobsters, insects, squid, and others. On the basis of application, it is divided into food & beverages, water treatment, agrochemicals, personal care products, biomedicine, industrial, pharmaceuticals, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market are focusing on key market strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships. They are also focusing on strengthening their market reach to maintain their goodwill in the ever competitive market.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- Advanced Biopolymers AS
- Heppe Medical Chitosan GmbH
- G.T.C. Bio Corporation
- Primex ehf
- Kitozyme S.A.
- Agratech International, Inc.
- Golden-Shell Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Qingdao Yunzhou Biochemistry Co. Ltd.
- Panvo Organics Pvt Ltd.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics from 2016 to 2023 to assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise chitin fertilizer market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of each segment of the market is provided, to assist the prevailing market opportunities.
Global Chitin Fertilizer Market Key Segments:
- Food & Beverages
- Water Treatment
- Personal Care
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of