Chlorine is a chemically active nonmetal, an element that is comprised in a group of toxic gases, with sharp odor, yellow-green color, and heavier than air. The chemical activity enables creating compounds with a large number of the periodic system elements. Chlorine compressors play important role in transfer and recovery of chlorine. However, chemical leasing is estimated to restrain the market in the coming years. Centrifugal compressors and liquid ring compressors with horizontally split casing are the product types that could be explored in chlorine compressors over the forecast period. Liquid ring compressor accounted for the largest market share of chlorine compressors in terms of revenue, and is estimated to lead the overall market in the coming years. This is attributed to the fact that these compressors can handle chlorine in liquid state. Furthermore, chlorine gas is used for large applications in the chemical & petrochemical industries. GARO compressors are used to compress either dry or wet chlorine in the production process.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the chlorine compressor market, owing to the prolonged lockdown in major countries. This has hampered the growth of the chlorine compressor market significantly from the last few months, and is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020, and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth during the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries, including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which are badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on their cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
The chlorine compressor market has applications in the chemical industry, and the high product usage drives the market growth.
Chlorine being an integral part of the industry
Chlor-alkali products have been witnessing rise in demand in various end-use industries. This is expected to foster the demand for chlorine compressors over the forecast period. Chlorine is an integral part of the chemical industry as it is the basic inorganic chemical along with fluorine and bromine. It is being used in various places of manufacturing and has immense use in the industry.
Chemical disposal being restraining factor
Chemical leasing is expected to be a plausible restraint for the chlorine industry in the near future. In chemical leasing model, the responsibility of chemical manufacturers not only includes manufacturing chemicals but also makes the manufacturer responsible for its disposal. Chemical leasing was introduced with the help of the government of Austria and implemented in 2014 by the United Nations Industrial Development Organizations (UNIDO). As per the UNIDO mandate, companies have to bear the cost of recycling the chemicals that they manufacture. By this process, the profit margins may decrease, which eventually decrease the market size, thereby reducing the number of producers in the value chain. These regulations related to chlorine are likely to pose a challenge to chlorine compressor manufacturers.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the chlorine compressor market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the future of the market
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the chlorine compressor market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the chlorine compressor market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Chlorine Compressor Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Gardner Denver Nash, LLC, Elliott Group, Devi Hitech Engineers Pvt. Ltd., Garo - P. Iva, Mikuni Kikai Kogyo Co., Ltd., Charam Techno Chemical & Equipment (p) Ltd., RefTec International Systems, LLC, M. H. Industries, Mayekawa Mfg. Co., Ltd., Sundyne