Chlorpheniramine maleate is an alkylamine antihistamine which is used in the treatment of allergic conditions such as rhinitis and urticaria. This compound blocks histamine during allergic reactions, thus preventing allergic symptoms namely runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, and itching.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the chlorpheniramine maleate market include the high incidence of allergic conditions such as rhinitis, growth in vehicular pollution leading to various allergic conditions, and rise in number of people seeking treatment, thus increasing the intake of medicines. Moreover, high demand of over-the-counter (OTC) products and development of healthcare infrastructure further propels the market growth. However, factors such as side effects associated with the use of antihistamine and lack of awareness about allergic reactions amongst people restrain the market growth. The introduction of novel therapies by R&D with less side effects and more efficacy provide opportunities in near future.
Chlorpheniramine maleate market is segmented on the basis of dosage form, application, end user, and region. On the basis of dosage form the market is segmented into injection, syrup, tablets, powder, and others, which include granules for solution and liquid filled capsule. Based on the application, the market is divided into allergy, hay fever, common cold, watery eyes, itchy throat/skin, anaphylactic shock, rhinitis, and urticaria. On the basis of end user, the market is categorized into hospitals, clinics, research institutes, and others such as ambulatory surgical centers. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include AstraZeneca PLC, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck KGaA, Sanofi S.A., UCB, Inc., Mylan N.V., BOC Sciences, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, Cardinal Health, Inc., and Johnson & Johnson.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global chlorpheniramine maleate market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Chlorpheniramine Maleate Market Key Segments:
By Dosage Form
- Hay Fever
- Common Cold
- Watery Eyes
- Itchy Throat/Skin
- Anaphylactic Shock
By End User
- Research Institutes
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA