A white crystal-like solid with strong odor, Chlorpyrifos is an organophosphate pesticide used to kill different pests including termites, mosquitoes, and roundworms. The product was first registered by Dow Chemical Company in 1965.
It is extensively used in agriculture, residential, and commercial sector to control insects. It is utilized for crops such as cotton, corn, almonds, and fruit trees such as bananas, oranges, and apples. In agriculture, it is used in soybeans, fruit & nut trees, cranberries, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and others. Its non-agricultural uses include turf, golf courses, and green houses.
The chlorpyrifos products are sold as liquids, water dispersible granules, wettable powders, and water soluble packets. It has a slightly acrid odor, similar to rotten eggs or garlic. According to the World Health Organization, chlorpyrifos is considered moderately hazardous to humans and exposure to chlorpyrifos may lead to neurological effects, autoimmune disorders, and persistent development.
Chlorpyrifos is extensively use in agriculture industry to control different types of insects and the demand is expected to remain high during the forecast period. Further, its increased adoption owing to its effective use as a pesticide and insecticide in farming and animal care sector boosts the market growth. However, EPA indicates that a single application of chlorpyrifos poses significant risk specifically to the endangered species. However, the harmful effects and stringent government regulations associated with the use of chlorpyrifos hamper the global market growth.
The global chlorpyrifos market is segmented based on its form, application, and geography. On the basis of form, it is categorized into liquid, powder, granular, and others. On the basis of application, it is divided into agriculture, commercial, and residential. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major market players are as follows:
- Dow Chemical Company
- Dow AgroSciences LLC
- Hubei Xiantao Xianlong Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- Cheminova A/S
- Gharda Chemicals Ltd.
- Nanjing Redsun Group
- Jiangsu Kuaida Agrochemical Co. Ltd.
- Jiangsu Baoling Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Shandong Tiancheng Biological Technology Co. Ltd.
- Zhejiang Xinnong Chemical Co. Ltd.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global chlorpyrifos market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Chlorpyrifos Market Key Segments:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
The other major players in the industry include the following:
- Makhteshim Agan Group
- Shandong Tiancheng Biological Technology Co., Ltd.
- Meghmani Organics Limited
- Nantong Jinnuo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Anhui Fengle Agrochemical
- Shanxi Sanwei Fenghai Chemical
*The above list of companies is not profiled in the report, but can be added based on interest.