Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) is a type of hematological malignancy marked by excessive proliferation of abnormal white blood cells. CLL predominantly affects the B-cell lymphocytes which are involved in the production of antibodies to fight against infections and foreign antigens. Rising incidence of CLL coupled with a high rate of mortality, demonstrates the unmet market need for better therapeutics. According to the American Cancer Society (ACS) estimate, more than 14000 new cases and more than 4,500 deaths are expected in the year 2015. CLL is more common among the aging population, with a higher frequency in the people aged 70 or above.
Family history of blood disorders and excessive exposure to harmful chemicals are the two important drivers for CLL treatment market. Higher incidences of leukemia coupled with improved diagnosis for CLL, growing disease awareness and rising incidences of comorbidities, especially among elders are other factors significant in determining the market growth. Furthermore, breakthrough therapy designation by FDA and discovery of some pipeline drugs would further accelerate the market growth. However, high cost of treatment, is likely to curtail the market growth.
The global Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Therapeutics market is segmented on the basis of drug type, route of administration and geography. On the basis of drug type, the market is segmented into Chemotherapy, Targeted Therapies and Others. The Targeted Therapy market is further segmented into approved drugs and pipeline drugs. According to route of administration, the market is segmented into Oral drugs, Intravenous drugs and others. Geographically, the market is segmented across four regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA.
Co-development and collaboration agreements are some of the key strategies adopted by leading market players. For instance, GlaxoSmithKline plc and Genmab A/S, have entered into co-development and collaboration agreement for drug Arzerra (ofatumumab), used in the treatment of relapsed CLL. Arzerra is a monoclonal antibody which targets CD20 molecule on the surface of CLL cells. Recently, Venetoclax, an investigational drug for the treatment of relapse or refractory CLL, has been granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation by US FDA. The drug is being developed by AbbVie in collaboration with Genentech and Roche. The companies profiled in the report include, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Biogen Idec, Genentech Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Genzyme Corporation, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Celgene Corporation, Genmab A/S and AstraZeneca plc.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global chronic lymphocytic leukemia therapeutics market is provided
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the current market and estimations through 20142020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- An in-depth analysis of key segments of the market demonstrate the types of drugs along with routes of administration in the CLL therapeutics market
- An in-depth analysis of key segments of the market demonstrates the types of drugs and routes of administration that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in future
- SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- Region-wise Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Therapeutics market scenario is comprehensively analyzed in the report
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The global Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Therapeutics market is segmented below:
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Therapeutics Market By Drug Type
- Chemotherapy Drugs
- Targeted Therapy
- Approved Drugs
- Pipeline Drugs
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Therapeutics Market By Route of Administration
- Oral Drugs
- Intravenous Drugs
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Therapeutics Market By Geography
- North America