Citronella oil is an essential oil distilled from Citronella grass. It is extensively used as a source of perfumery chemicals and in aromatherapy especially in relieving arthritis pain. It has several antiseptic properties for which it is used in soaps, household cleaners, and detergents. It is also widely used in fragrances and personal care products.
Increase in consumer spending on luxury fragrances due to growth in disposable income and improving standards of living foster the market growth. Citronella oil helps relieve stress and control anxiety, for which it is widely used as an aroma oil. Rise in number of individuals in the working population dealing with stress issues help to increase the consumption of the essential oil, thus driving the market growth. However, there are several substitute oils such as Bog Myrtle, lavender, and peppermint. This presence of substitute oils is expected to restrain the growth of the citronella oil market.
There is a rise in the demand for use of biochemical pesticide for pest control in agriculture. This in turn is expected to offer opportunity for citronella oil marketers since it is a natural pest-repellent.
The citronella oil market is segmented based on type, end use, and region. Based on type, it is bifurcated into Ceylon citronella type and Java citronella type. Based on end use, it is classified into personal care and cosmetics industry, aromatherapy, pharmaceutical industry, biochemical industry and others. Based on region, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players of Citronella oil market include Plant Therapy, Artizen Oils, Mesmara Botanics Private Limited, Inatur Herbals, Khadi Pure Gramodyog, Kama Ayurveda, Ancient Living Products Private Limited, Organic Harvest, Aroma Treasures, and Meena Perfumery.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging trends and dynamics in the citronella oil market.
- In-depth analysis is done by constructing market estimations for the key market segments to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain to understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in these geographies
Citronella Oil Market Report Highlights
By End Use
Key Market Players
Inatur Herbals, Kama Ayurveda, Artizen Oils, Aroma Treasures, Organic Harvest, Meena Perfumery., Ancient Living Products Private Limited, Mesmara Botanics Private Limited, Khadi Pure Gramodyog, Plant Therapy