Claytronics is an integration of nanoscale robotics and computer science, leading to the development of individual nanometer-scale computers called claytronic atoms or catoms. These catoms are controlled by a set of hardware and software causing effective macroscopic movement to form tangible 3D objects.
Claytronics is applicable in consumer products, 3D fax, hotels, medical, disaster relief, virtual meetings, entertainment, 3D physical modeling, and robotics. The current catoms were founded by Carnegie Mellon University, and the prototypes range from tiny dices to giant helium balloons. The catoms are arranged into 44 mm diameter cylinders powered by 24 electromagnets, aligned in a sequence of stacked rings surrounding the cylinders circumference. The constant enabling and disabling of the magnets by the catoms along the surface triggers a movement.
The primary goal of claytronics is to form a new media type called pario, which is a logical extension of audio and video used to reproduce moving 3D objects in the real world. Thus, rise in demand for computer-generated artifacts, advancements in nanotechnology, and increase in usage of virtual equipment drive the market growth. Advancements in the field of artificial intelligence is anticipated to present new opportunities for expansion. However, lack of investment in R&D activities in the developing nations may restrain the market growth.
The global claytronics market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. Based on type, it is divided into planer catoms, electrostatic catoms, giant helium catoms, stochastic catoms, and millimeter scale catoms. On the basis of application, it is classified into consumer products, hotels, medical, disaster relief, virtual meetings, entertainment, 3D physical modeling, and robotics. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players profiled in this study include:
Claytronics Solutions Private Limited
Carnegie Mellon University
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global claytronics market to elucidate the potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends and quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the type of bauxite cement used and its application.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies and prevailing market opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies and developments are analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Claytronics Market Key Segmentation:
- Planer Catoms
- Electrostatic Catoms
- Giant Helium Catoms
- Stochastic Catoms
- Millimeter Scale Catoms
- Consumer Products
- 3D Fax
- Disaster Relief
- Virtual Meetings
- 3D Physical Modeling
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA