Clinical laboratories are an integral part of healthcare industry. All the diagnostic tests, which range from blood test to genetic analysis, are performed in these clinical laboratories to diagnose different diseases. Clinical laboratories give information and services, which contribute to maximize the necessary delivery in the healthcare system such as diagnostics and tests results. It assures and provides correct and accurate test results that enable physicians to make right therapeutic and diagnostic decisions through different levels of healthcare resources. It helps professionals to start, adjust, and also stop a course of treatment, which would be compromised in absence of clinical laboratory services.
Clinical laboratory services market is in emerging state due to the increase in incidence rate of diabetes, cancer, and other infectious diseases; as the number of patient pool increases, the demand for clinical laboratory services increases. Also, these services are cost-effective, and form the least invasive method for clinical decision making. These medical technologies provide flexibility in healthcare management by early diagnosis that improves disease treatment. In addition, introduction of new technologies that provide faster analysis, and are user-friendly contribute towards the market growth of clinical laboratory services. However, factors such as inadequate reimbursements, lack of skilled professionals, and stringent government policies impede the growth of the market.
The world clinical laboratory services market has been segmented based on type, service providers, and geography. Based on type, it is divided into clinical chemistry, medical microbiology & cytology, human & tumor genetics, and other esoteric tests. Based on service providers, the market is categorized into hospital-based laboratories, clinic-based laboratories, and stand-alone laboratories. The market is analyzed on the basis of four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Product launch, collaboration & merger, and acquisition are the key strategies adopted by market players. Healthcare giant such as Sonic Healthcare Limited has acquired Bioscientia Healthcare Group in August 2007 creating a high growth in clinical laboratory services market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Siemens AG, Quest Diagnostics, Inc., Sonic Healthcare Limited, Abbott Laboratories, Cinven, Carlyle Group and TPG Capital, NeoGenomics, Inc., Sanofi S.A., OPKO Health, Inc. and Novartis International AG is also provided in this report.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- In-depth analysis is conducted based on market estimations of the key segments during 20142022.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the world clinical laboratory market is provided in the report.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market by type and service providers helps understand different aspects of clinical laboratory that are currently used along with the variants that would gain prominence in future.
- The key players along their growth strategies are provided to predict the competitive outlook of the market.
- Analysis of current research and clinical developments within clinical laboratory market is provided with key dynamic factors that interpret the behavior of the market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENT:
The world clinical laboratory services market is segmented as follows:
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- By Type
- Clinical Chemistry
- Medical Microbiology & Cytology
- Human & Tumor Genetics
- Other Esoteric Tests
- By Service Providers
- Hospital-based Laboratories
- Clinic-based Laboratories
- Stand-alone Laboratories
- By Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Africa