Clomazone is an agrochemical that comprises isoxazole bonded with 2-chlorobenzyl group. It is a broad spectrum herbicide utilized to control broadleaf weeds and annual grasses in cotton, soybeans, peas, pumpkins, winter squash, tobacco, sweet potatoes, and fallow wheat fields.
Clomazone suppresses synthesis of carotenoids, chlorophyll, and other photosynthetic pigments in plants by inhibiting biosynthesis of deoxyxylulose 5-phosphate synthase. It is applied in pre-emergence of weeds or in early post-emergence of the crop depending on the crop, timing, and geographical area. It is available in market under various brand names such as Command, Gamit, Magister, Kalif, Commence, and Merit.
The growth of the global clomazone market is driven by development of the herbicides industry. Moreover, increase in demand for organic food due to rise in consumer concerns in terms of food safety and environmental pollution supplement the market growth. However, high production costs and production barriers associated with pollution are factors that limit the market growth. Growth in demand of weed removing chemicals from emerging economies is expected to provide potential growth opportunities for market expansion.
The report segments the clomazone market on the basis of formulation, crop type, and geography. Based on formulation, the market is divided into suspo-emulsion, emulsifiable concentrate, liquid, granules, capsule suspensions, and others. By crop type, it is bifurcated into field crops and fruit & vegetable crops. Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as BASF SE, Bessen Chemical Ltd., Dow Agrosciences LLC, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, FMC Corporation, Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd., Shanghai Bosman Industrial Co., Ltd., Syngenta Limited, Willowood USA, and Zhejiang Heben Pesticide & Chemicals Co., Ltd. are provided in the report.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global clomazone market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Clomazone Market Key Segments:
- Suspo-Emulsion (SE)
- Emulsifiable Concentrate (EC)
- Liquid (LI)
- Granules (GR)
- Capsule Suspensions (CS)
By Crop Type
- Field Crops
- Fruit & Vegetable Crops
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA