Blood clot is the final stage during blood coagulation in the hemostasis process. Clots are also known as thrombus. Aggregated platelets and red blood cells are the two components of blood clot and these components form plug and a mesh of cross-linked fibrin protein. Clot blocks the blood supply to the hearts, brain, lungs, and legs. Formulation of a clot in the human body can cause severe conditions such as damage to blood vessels, hypertension, stroke, and sometimes even death. Blood clot is also a major cause of death in cancer patients. Treatment of blood clot can be done with anti-coagulation drugs and surgery. Treatment of periphery artery, neurovascular, arteriovenous and coronary thrombosis can be done by using clot management devices. Clot management devices are also used to prevent potential ischemic strokes, severe leg pain, and heart attack by eliminating blood clot from artery.
The key factors driving the growth of clot management devices market are rising prevalence of periphery artery disease, increase in prevalence of coronary heart diseases and kidney diseases, growth in healthcare awareness, and rise in the geriatric population, which leads to increased use of clot management devices. Launch of innovative next generation thrombectomy devices such as penumbra's AC68 reperfusion catheter and rapid technological advancements are expected to stimulate the clot management devices market growth. Moreover, market growth is further driven by the continuous R&D investments by the key players, improvements in patient health outcomes, and increase in demand for cost-effective devices. However, lack of trained physicians and reimbursements in developing countries are the factors expected to restrain the market growth. In addition, for the treatment of deep vein thrombosis anticoagulant therapy is the first choice, which impedes the growth of the market. However, complex procedure of device handling is expected to present challenges for the growth of the clot management devices market. Combined use of percutaneous thrombectomy and catheter directed thrombolysis for the treatment of acute venous thrombosis is the current trend for clot management devices market.
The clot management devices market is segmented based on product, end user, and region. Based on product, the market is classified into percutaneous thrombectomy devices, embolectomy balloon catheters, catheter-directed thrombolysis (CDT) devices, inferior vena cava filters (IVCFS), and neurovascular embolectomy devices. Percutaneous thrombectomy devices are further segmented into mechanical thrombectomy, aspiration thrombectomy, and percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy (PMT). Inferior vena cava filters are further segmented into permanent and retrievable. The end user segment is categorized into hospitals and diagnostic centers. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major players operating in the clot management devices market include Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, Straub Medical, Argon Medical Devices, DePuy Synthes, LeMaitre Vascular, Medtronic, Cook, Teleflex Incorporated, AngioDynamics, Stryker, iVascular SLU, and Boston Scientific Corporation.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends and market forecast estimations from 2019 to 2026, which assists to identify the prevailing clot management devices market opportunities.
- An in-depth market analysis includes analysis of various regions and is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global market is provided.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential from 2019 to 2026 in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand the competitive outlook of the global clot management devices market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Percutaneous Thrombectomy Devices
- Mechanical Thrombectomy
- Aspiration Thrombectomy
- Percutaneous Mechanical Thrombectomy (PMT)
- Embolectomy Balloon Catheters
- Catheter-Directed Thrombolysis (CDT) Devices
- Inferior Vena Cava Filters (IVCFS)
- Neurovascular Embolectomy Devices
By End User
- Diagnostic Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA