Block storage is a form of data storage used in storage-area network (SAN) ambience where data can be stored in volumes or termed as blocks. Cloud block storage is a phenomenon in cloud-hosted data persistence, where cloud services imitate similar behavior of traditional block devices, for instance that of hard drive. It offers replication for reliability, backup services, and other facilities.
Cloud block storage is a form of Network Attached Storage (NAS). Servers can boot from network attached cloud storage block and one can attach up to 10 Cloud Block Storage volumes per cloud servers. Cloud block storage is preferred for databases as they require consistent I/O performance & low-latency connectivity, and can run mission-critical applications such as Microsoft Share Point, Microsoft Exchange, and Oracle.
The global cloud block storage market is expected to register substantial growth in the near future, attributed to growth in need for enterprise mobility, easy deployment of cloud storage solutions, and increased adoption of hybrid cloud storage among end users. Further, high rate of adoption of cloud based storage among small & mid-size organizations, growth in need of better data management system as there is a constant increase in raw data among enterprises, and increase in need of technologically advanced storage solutions is expected to offer significant growth opportunities to the global cloud block storage market. However, lack of high network bandwidth and additional costs associated with the services hamper the market growth.
The report segments the cloud block storage market based on storage type, deployment mode, industry vertical, and geography. As per storage type, the market is studied across locally attached cloud storage and network attached cloud storage. Based on deployment mode the market is segmented into public, private, and hybrid cloud. As per industry vertical the market is studied across healthcare & life science, manufacturing, transportation & logistics, energy & utilities, BFSI, public sector, and others. By region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Microsoft Corporation, Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, VMware, Inc., IBM Corporation, Red Hat, Inc., EMC Corporation, and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. are also provided in the report.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global cloud block storage market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2016 and 2023.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain is taken into account to elucidate the competitive environment across the geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2016-2023, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global cloud block storage market is provided.
Cloud Block Storage Market Key Segments:
By Storage Type
By Deployment Mode
By Industry Vertical
- Healthcare & Life Science
- Transportation & Logistics
- Energy & Utilities
- Public Sector
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East