Cloud Computing Stack Layers Market Statistics: 2027
Cloud computing is a model for enabling ubiquitous, convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services), which can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction. There are three different types of cloud computing stack layers services, namely, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS). SaaS applications are designed for end-users and delivered over the web. PaaS is a set of tools and services designed to make coding and deploying those applications quick and efficient. IaaS is a hardware and software that boosts productivity of servers, storage, networks, and operating systems. Cloud computing is a general term that describes a variety of services from IaaS at the base, through PaaS as a development tool to SaaS replacing on-premises applications. Understanding these differences is critical for an organization considering moving to cloud to ensure cost and performance alignment with organizational goals. SaaS is a software deployed over the internet. PaaS is similar to SaaS except that, rather than being software delivered over the web, it is a platform for creation of software delivered over the web.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- As many employees are transitioning to remote working, there is a sudden surge in demand for collaboration solutions for better interaction among employees after shifting business on cloud platform. Microsoft announced that it now has 44 million users of the teams platform globally, owing to high demand for collaboration solutions. Such solutions are expected to possibly impact the cloud computing stack layers market.
- Demand for online shopping and video streaming is on the rise as people are self-isolating in their homes either as a precaution or on government command. This drives an increase in spending on IaaS as retailers, broadcasters, and government gateways offering stimulus packages for businesses and professionals are scaling up their e-commerce and front-end platforms to deal with demand.
- PaaS investments are likely to be more in healthcare, pharmaceutical, and academic sector and these organizations are part of the COVID response needs, as there is a need to digitally transform traditional business to interact with employees, customers, and partners.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Reduced operating costs, worldwide mobility, availability & reliability, and easy installation of cloud computing drive growth of the cloud computing stack layers market. As the cloud computing stack layers industry is growing, cloud technology solutions are using latest advancements for technologies so the services and shared resources can be operated remotely, as many business and personal work relies on these services and most importantly these services are easily accessible and easily installable. However, increase in security and privacy issues hinder the cloud computing stack layers market growth. Contrarily, rise in adoption of cloud computing in organizations is expected to offer a major opportunity for cloud computing stack layers market expansion. In addition, rise in investments in cloud computing solutions is expected to drive market during the forecast period.
Rise in adoption of cloud computing
Cost of cloud computing is much more flexible than traditional methods. Companies only need to pay for server and infrastructure capacity as and when it is needed. More capacity can be provisioned for peak times and then de-provisioned when no longer needed according to need of organization. Whereas, traditional computing requires buying capacity sufficient for peak times and allowing it to sit idle the rest of the time. This allows organizations for cost reduction and improving agility of their functions, which drives demand for the cloud computing stack layers market.
Deployment of SaaS layer in the market
With SaaS, the latest versions of applications needed to run a business are made available to all customers as soon as they are released. Immediate upgrades avail new features and functionality in the end users segment making them more productive. As software enhancements are typically released quite frequently, it is in contrast to purchased software that might have major new releases only once a year or so and take significant time to roll out, which is expected to boost the demand for SaaS integration in technological advancements.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents analytical depiction of the global cloud computing stack layers industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global cloud computing stack layers market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the cloud computing stack layers market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global cloud computing stack layers market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Cloud Computing Stack Layers Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Amazon Web Services Inc., SAP SE, International Business Machines Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Salesforce.com Inc., Avaya Inc., OVHcloud, Rackspace Inc., Google LLC, Microsoft Corporation