The cloud content delivery network (cloud CDN) delivers the content at ultra-fast speed to the consumer and helps the websites in handling heavy traffic. The content can be mobile data, e-commerce transactions, video, music, and games, which is used in the cloud CDN for fast content delivery. Redirection, delivery, outsourcing, and distribution of content are some of the primary functions of cloud CDN.
Availability of the content over wide range of devices, security of the content, and enhanced user experience are some of the benefits of cloud CDN. High cost per gigabyte and poor support are demotivating factors for the adoption of cloud CDN.
Rise in number of transactions over the cloud, surge of digital content consumption over the Internet, and need of fast delivery network services are prominent drivers of the cloud CDN market. Further, the noteworthy development in digitization of organizations fuels the growth of the cloud CDN market. Increase in demand for the cloud-based service and wireless cloud CDN has created abundant opportunities for the key vendors operating in the global cloud CDN market. However, high cost of cloud CDN, continuous monetization of traffic, and the time required to travel data from source to destination hamper the market growth.
Large number of international as well as regional players operate in the global cloud CDN market. For instance, Amazon Web Service Inc. implemented new advance technologies to tackle the problem of latency and high cost such by introducing Amazon CloudFront, a low latency cloud CDN. The leaders in this technology collaborate with other players to create cross platform CDN. For example, Akamai Technologies, Inc. and Google Inc. collaborated for cloud CDN technology on November 2015, which is expected to expand their marker presence.
The market is segmented by type, component, organization size, industry vertical, and geographic landscape. In terms of type it is divided into standard/non-video CDN and video CDN. Based on component, it is bifurcated into core solution and adjacent services. The core solution is segmented into web performance optimization, media delivery, and cloud security. The adjacent services are further segmented into cloud storage, analytics and monitoring, application program interface, CDN design, support and maintenance, and others. As per organization size, the market is divided into large scale and small & medium organizations. Based on market vertical, it is categorized into banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI), aerospace & defense, healthcare, public sector, IT & telecom; retail, and others. The market segmentation on the basis of geography includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive analysis and profiles of the major market players such as, Akamai Technologies, Inc., Google Inc., Level 3 Communications LLC., Limelight Networks, Inc., Amazon Web Services, Inc., AlcatelLucent S.A, Ericsson Inc., Internap Corporation, Verizon Communications, Inc., and Tata Communications Ltd., are also provided in this report.
- This report is an extensive analysis of current and potential market trends in the dynamic global cloud CDN market.
- The report contains in depth quantitative analysis of current and future market estimations through 20162023, which helps recognize the appealing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by the industry verticals helps understand the current practices for the better investment decisions.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidates the competitive outlook of the market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
Cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN) Market Key Segmentation:
- Standard/Non-Video CDN
- Video CDN
- Core Solutions
- Web Performance Optimization
- Media Delivery
- Cloud Security
- Adjacent Service
- Cloud Storage
- Analytics and Monitoring
- Application Programming Interface
- CDN Design
- Support and Maintenance
By Organization Size
- Small and Medium Organizations
- Large Scale Organizations
By Industry Vertical
- Banking, Financial Service, and Insurance
- Aerospace & Defense
- Public Sector
- IT & Telecom
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East