A computer numerical control (CNC) router is a computer-controlled cutting machine that is used for cutting various hard materials, such as steel, aluminum, wood, composites, glass, plastic, foam among others. A CNC router machines use computer numerical control, which uses specially customized programs written in G-code to route tool paths instead of routing by hand. CNC routers are used to produce consistent high-quality work and can machine a large amount of jobs in complex shapes while maintaining efficiency of operations. Use of CNC routers can improve the productivity of a factory and can reduce the manpower required. Due to the high level of precision of CNC routers, wastage of materials, loss of time and human error can be reduced while maintaining optimal cycle time.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the global CNC router industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of the global CNC router market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, Opportunities, Restraints and Impact Analysis
CNC router market is expected to witness growth along with rise of automation of various processes across almost all industries. Use of CNC router machine improves factory productivity, reduces human errors and maintains optimal cycle time. A CNC router can be used to produce complicated and intricate items while maintaining consistency, high quality, precision, low wastage of materials and increase in efficiency and productivity. CNC routers are used widely for metalworking and woodworking applications and in various important machining processes such as cutting, routing, and drilling of parts. The global CNC routers find application in different industries such as the global construction and automotive industries among others. The high cost of CNC routers and lack of skilled labor that is required to operate CNC router machines are restraining factors for the growth of the market. The importance of trained labor increases the labor cost in the end use industries. The opportunities for growth of the global CNC router market comes from the growing adoption of automation for woodworking applications and also due to its high application in various processes used in the global automotive industry.
The global CNC router market trends are as follows:
Growth of global furniture industry
As global population and urbanization increases, so does the number of residential and commercial buildings. The demand for aesthetically pleasing woodwork and furniture is increasing along with the rise in disposable income of the middle-class consumer around the world. The increase in demand for well designed, elegant houses and the use of engineered wood therein is expected to contribute significantly for the growth of CNC router market. The global hospitality sector and corporate sector also have increasing demand for woodwork and furniture as they require to update their beautification periodically. Among the various application of CNC routers in woodworking, wooden frames, wood panels, exterior and interior decorations, door carvings, sign boards, musical instruments, moldings, and furniture are some examples where use of computer numerical control can increase efficiency and precision. Another important driving factor behind the growth of the global CNC router market is the increasing availability of furniture on e-commerce platforms. End users are increasingly shifting to e-commerce platforms from the traditional market space. The benefit of personalization of orders is a major factor behind the popularity of e-commerce furniture platforms.
Growth in global automotive industry to help the market grow
With rising disposable income levels worldwide, the global automotive sector is expected to continue to grow in the near future. Due to stringent emission norms along with the incentives applied by various governments around the world, the popularity of electronic vehicles is rising. This is a major factor behind growth of automotive industry. Electric vehicles reduce emission of greenhouse gases in comparison to fossil fuel-based vehicles. Hybrid vehicles are also a prominent segment of the global automotive market. The rising disposable income level of middle-class consumers is allowing more and more people to buy personal vehicles as the global consumer shows an increasing inclination towards comfort options. The time savings offered by personal vehicles is also an important factor due to the increasingly busy lifestyles of the average consumer. The rising number of nuclear families and dual earning families is an important reason behind this phenomenon. With the growth of the global automotive industry, the global CNC router market is also expected to grow.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global CNC router industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global CNC router market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global CNC router market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global CNC router market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
CNC Router Market Report Highlights
By Industry vertical
Key Market Players
MultiCam Inc., Thermwood, Anderson Group, Exel CNC Ltd, Carbide 3D LLC, The SHODA company, Biesse S.p.A., ShopSabre, HOMAG Group, AXYZ Automation Group, Komo Machine