Coagulation tests are medical tests employed to test the hemostasis system. This test is mainly carried out by a coagulometer, which measures and evaluates the speed of clot formation or blood coagulation. These tests avoid the chances of heart attack, thrombosis, and embolism by detecting the presence of blood clots in blood vessels.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the coagulation testing market include increasing prevalence of blood disorders & cardiovascular diseases, rise in geriatric population, high demand for point of care (POC) coagulation testing, and technological advancements such as faster and easy-to-use devices with advanced sensors technology. However, factors such as high costs of devices and stringent regulatory reforms may restrain the market growth. High demand for disposable coagulation testing products and availability of coagulation testing products in online stores will further provide lucrative market growth opportunities during the forecast period.
The coagulation testing market is segmented on the basis of product, application, technology, end user, and region. On the basis of product, it is divided into instruments and consumables. Based on application, it is segmented into activated clotting time (ACT), thrombin time (TT), partial thromboplastin time (PTT), activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), prothrombin time (PT), and other tests, which include platelet count test and fibrinogen testing. Based on technology, the market is classified into optical technology, mechanical technology, electrochemical technology, and others. Based on end user, it is categorized into hospitals, clinical laboratories, point-of-care testing, and other end user. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include Alere Inc., Nihon Kohden Corporation, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Sysmex Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Diagnostica Stago Sas, Helena Laboratories, Abbott Laboratories, Medtronic plc, and Micropoint Biosciences.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global coagulation testing market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global coagulation testing market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global coagulation testing market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global coagulation testing market.
Coagulation Testing Market Key Segments:
- Activated Clotting Time (ACT)
- Thrombin Time (TT)
- Partial Thromboplastin Time (PTT)
- Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time (aPTT)
- Prothrombin Time (PT)
- Other Tests
- Optical Technology
- Mechanical Technology
- Electrochemical Technology
By End User
- Clinical Laboratories
- Point-of-Care Testing
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA