Coal has been a fundamental source of energy since many years. Presently, coal is majorly used to power generation, steel production, and as a fluid fuel. China accounts for majority of the total coal production across the globe.
The growth of the Asia-Pacific coal mining market is driven by increase in usage of coal in steel manufacturing and electricity generation. However, stringent government regulations towards environmental pollution due to mining activities hampers the market growth. In addition, adverse environmental impact due to production and consumption of coal restricts the market growth.
The report segments the coal mining market on the basis of mining technology, application, and geography. On the basis of mining technology, the market is bifurcated into surface mining and underground mining. Surface mining is further segmented into strip mining, auger mining, open-pit mining, and mountain removal mining. Room & pillar, longwall mining technologies are considered under underground mining. The applications covered in the study include thermal power generation, steel manufacturing, cement manufacturing, and others. Geographical breakdown of the market includes China, India, Japan, Korea, Australia, and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Glencore plc, BHP Billiton Limited, Rio Tinto Group, Vale SA, Anglo American Plc., China Shenhua Energy Company Limited, Freeport-McMoRan Inc., Coal India Limited, Fortescue Metals Group, and Consol Energy Inc. are provided in the report.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the Asia-Pacific coal mining market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in the region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- The report includes an in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Coal Mining Market Key Segments:
By Mining Technology
- Surface Mining
- Strip Mining
- Auger Mining
- Open-pit Mining
- Mountain Removal Mining
- Underground Mining
- Room & Pillar
- Longwall Mining
- Thermal Power Generation
- Steel Manufacturing
- Cement Manufacturing
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific