Cognitive Radio Market Outlook
Cognitive radio refers to a smart radio, which is capable of sensing external environment, learning from history, and making smart decisions to adjust its transmission parameters to the current state of environment. In addition, it also uses a number of technologies such as software defined radio (SDR) and adaptive radio to replace traditional hardware components including mixers, modulators, and amplifiers with intelligent software. Cognitive radio technology has many benefits such as it improves satellite communications, overcoming radio spectrum scarcity, and provides enhanced quality of service, owing to which it is being adopted by industry verticals, which drives cognitive radio market growth.
Impact of COVID-19 on Cognitive Radio Market:
- Since the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 180+ countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency. The global impacts of the corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19) are already being felt, and are expected to significantly affect the cognitive radio market in 2020.
- Due to the lockdown and all the businesses moving online for their operations there is a heavy load on the telecom industry, which will encourage them to invest in cognitive technology to overcome these problems in these hard times which is boosting the growth of the market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Optimized spectrum utilization and technological advancements in cognitive radio are the key factors that drive the market growth. In addition, increase in adoption of 5G technology among various industries fuels the growth of the market. However, lack of awareness among industry experts and high implementation cost can hamper the market growth. Furthermore, integration of machine learning and AI intelligence with cognitive radio technology to make systems more efficient is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market.
Cognitive Radio Market Trends:
Asia-pacific is expected to lead the market growth:
North America is anticipated to have the highest market share, owing to the early adoption of cognitive radio technology by industry verticals and presence of prominent players in the U.S. In addition, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to witness the highest growth during the forecast period, owing to rise in adoption of mobile devices in developing countries such as China, India, and Japan. Internet use in the region is rising exponentially. Network slicing further helps telecom operators to manage rise in network traffic by creating multiple virtual network slices, which would ensure the market growth.
Rise in 5G technology is expected to drive the growth of cognitive radio technology:
5th generation wireless systems are gaining traction among end users, which drives growth of the market. Due to 5G wireless systems there is a need to optimize spectrum usage and reduced power consumption and cognitive radio technology help to do the same, which is anticipated to drive the global cognitive radio market growth.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the cognitive radio market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the cognitive radio market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Cognitive Radio Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Spectrum Signal Processing, Inc., Thales Group, BAE Systems plc, DataSoft, Inc., Raytheon Company, Vislink Technologies, Inc., KNL Networks, Nutaq, Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co KG, EpiSys Science, Inc.