A cold flow improver is a treatment used to prevent fuel from the conversion of liquid fuel into crystallization or semi-liquid substance when temperature decreases. Due to temperature fall in winter, the fuel cools and the fuel containing paraffin wax comes out of suspension clogging the fuel filter, which leads to the engine shut down. Cold flow improvers have important properties as wax modifiers, anti-settling agents, and wax dispersant. To improve fuel cold flow properties and minimize cold filter plugging point, cloud point and fuel's pour point cold flow improvers are used in fuel and lubricating oil. Instead of other fuel additives, cold flow improver is used to reduce downtime, avoid gelling of diesel fuel, filter-plugging point, improve low-temperature start ability, inhibit fuel-filter icing, enhance engine reliability in cold temperatures, and prevent wax settling during storage.
Factors that drive the growth of the global cold flow improver market are increase in demand for biodiesel for vehicle and refinery applications and demand for environmentally-friendly products. Moreover, the demand for cold flow improvers is driven by the growth in various industries such as aerospace & defense, automotive, and others. Increase in awareness about environment-related issues and exhaustion of fossil fuel resources among the population result in investigation of more sustainable and viable fuel resources. Diesel plays a vital role in meeting the growing power demand. However, increase in demand for electric vehicles and governments promoting adoption of electric vehicle is a key factor restraining the cold flow improvers market growth.
The global cold flow improvers market is segmented into type, application, end-use industry, and region. Based on type, the market is divided into polyacrylates, polyalpha olefin, fluorocarbon vinyl acetate, ethylene vinyl acetate, polyalkyl methacrylate, and others. Ethylene vinyl acetate inhibits deposition and formation of wax crystal in heavy & light vehicles engines at low temperature, so it is widely used in the oil industry.
Based on application, it is classified into lubricating oil, diesel fuel, aviation fuel, and others. Diesel has great energy efficiency, density, and is safer as other combustible fuels so it provides more useful energy per unit of volume. Cold flow improver is used in diesel for maintain performance of diesel, so diesel plays a vital role in growing market of cold flow improvers. Based on end-use industry the cold flow improvers market is classified into aerospace & defense, automotive, and others. Based on region, caprolactam market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Evonik Industries AG, Chemtura Corporation, AkzoNobel N.V., Innospec Inc., Baker Hughes Incorporated, Bell Performance, Inc., Huntsman Corporation, BASF SE, Afton Chemical, and Ecolab are the leading players operating in the global cold flow improvers market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The cold flow improvers market size has been analyzed across all regions.
- Porter’s five force analysis helps to analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the industry for strategy building.
- The report outlines the current cold flow improvers market trends and future scenario of the market size to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets. The market is forecasted.
- Major countries in the region have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution to the regional market.
- The key drivers, restraints, and cold flow improvers cold flow improvers market opportunities and their detailed impact analysis are elucidated in the study.
- The cold flow improvers market analysis covers in-depth information of major industry participants.
Cold Flow Improvers Market Report Highlights
By END-USE INDUSTRY
Key Market Players
BASF SE, Huntsman Corporation, Bell Performance, Inc., Chemtura Corporation, Innospec Inc., AkzoNobel N.V, Baker Hughes Incorporated, Ecolab, Evonik Industries AG, Afton Chemical