Foldable containers are collapsible. Collapsible containers save external volume required during transportation and logistics by collapsing and lowering costs. Manufacturers offer collapsible containers made of various materials such as plastic, wood, and metal. The global collapsible containers market tracks the revenue generated by collapsible container sales worldwide. Collapsible containers are made available by manufacturers for the packaging of a wide range of consumer and industrial goods. Pallets, boxes, crates, and bulk bins are among the items available on the global market for collapsible containers. Nestable trays, crates, boxes, and other packaging containers have surpassed traditional packaging containers in popularity. Manufacturers of collapsible containers provide a wide range of product types. The introduction of collapsible containers has resulted in a reduction in transportation handling costs. As technological advancement continues to play a key role in the development of the global packaging landscape, manufacturers are pushing for novel, sustainable, anti-scratch packaging solutions and material innovations to design economical, bulk shipping containers. The market for collapsible sleeve packs is expanding due to rising demand for frozen and refrigerated foods and beverages, particularly in expanding urban areas in emerging economies.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 is an unprecedented global public health emergency that has impacted nearly every industry, and the long-term effects are expected to have an impact on industry growth during the forecast period..
- Sales of collapsible sleeve containers fell moderately in 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. Short-term growth prospects are likely to be harmed by decreased demand in the construction, engineering, and automotive end-use sectors. Revenues are expected to recover by 2022.
- Following the COVID-19 crisis, manufacturers are increasingly relying on product development and launch strategies to incorporate new, sustainable materials, as well as geographical expansion efforts, to provide better solutions and strengthen consumer bases in fragmented market landscapes..
Top Impacting factor
Warehousing is a sector that requires a lot of space. Costs are largely determined by how well a facility's available space is utilized. Collapsible sleeve containers are long-lasting packaging options that allow for simple stacking and storage when not in use. Furthermore, these containers are gaining popularity due to their reusability and suitability for rough shipping and handling conditions. These products' collapsible nature reduces shipping costs and provides greater ease of use, resulting in a higher return on investment. Manufacturers in the industry are working hard to diversify their product lines in order to meet the increasingly customized needs of end users. While collapsible sleeve containers provide numerous benefits to end users, there are a number of challenges that could jeopardize the market's future growth prospects. The high level of competition from other conventional, rigid, bulk packaging solutions is one such issue. Furthermore, large amounts of capital are required for production and development facilities, which may limit profit margins.
- New product launch
- Orbis Corp. unveiled several reusable packaging solutions, including OpteBulk, a low-cost collapsible bulk container made up of a pallet, sleeve, top cap, and custom-designed plastic corrugated materials..
- EconCore introduced new honeycomb core materials for collapsible sleeve packaging solutions with an areal density of 3000 g/m2 for automotive OEMs looking for safe internal part transport solutions. The new design, when compared to traditional cup-type cores, allows for significant compression strength improvements..
- The GoBox 1210 K PAC is a new collapsible, light-weight pallet box from Goplasticpallets.com. It is made up of plastic sealed sleeves, a nestable pallet base, and a secure lid, and it weighs about 15 kg less than competing products on the market. The product is meant to be used in retail, engineering, and pharmaceutical settings..
- China and India are expected to be the fastest growing economies in the Asia Pacific collapsible container market, excluding Japan. During the forecast period, North America and Western Europe are expected to hold the top positions in terms of market value for collapsible containers.
- Because of the presence of numerous small-scale players in the industry, the collapsible sleeve container market is moderately fragmented. Top collapsible sleeve container manufacturers have prioritized investments in product development and launch initiatives, as well as geographic expansion strategies, to strengthen market positions.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the collapsible containers industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the collapsible containers market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the collapsible containers market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed collapsible containers market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Collapsible Containers Market Report Highlights
By Container Type
By End Use
Key Market Players
Monoflo International, SPS Ideal Solutions Inc., AccuTrex Products Inc., Soluplastic, American Manufacturing Inc.,, SSI Schaefer Limited, Universal Storage Containers LLC