Color Masterbatch is colored concentrates, which is used to impart certain physical or chemical properties to products. It is generally available in pellet form, and also can be found in liquid form. It is basically a mixture of pigments or additives that is encapsulated during a heat process and changed into a carrier resin which is cooled & cut in granular shape. It allows the producer to color raw polymers economically during plastics manufacturing process. Color masterbatch finds application in wide array of industries such as automotive, packaging, building & construction, consumer goods & appliances, etc.
The additive masterbatch market has highest growth potential as it adds a number of properties to plastics and reduce the cost. Packaging industry is the major end-user market for color masterbatch across the globe. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region followed by Europe, North America, and others. The global color masterbatch market is expected to register moderate growth in the near future. Some of the major factors that are driving the color masterbatch market are rising demand for black masterbatches in construction industry, consumer preference for sophisticated color formulations, rising demand for plastic products, growing application of color masterbatches in food packaging sector, and increased penetration of plastics in electronics industry. However, factors such as high cost and limited supply of raw material are likely to restrain the market growth.
The report segments the color masterbatch market on the basis of type, carrier resin, end use industry, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into standard color, specialty color, and tailor-made color. On account of carrier resin, the market is bifurcated into polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene, and others. Further the report segments the color masterbatch market by end use industry such as packaging, automotive, consumer goods, building & construction, agriculture, and others. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
There are several advancements in the market of color masterbatches such as in February, 2016 Clariant expanded the production of color and additive masterbatches to find application in engineering resins and high temperature plastics like polyether ether ketone (PEEK). Granula Ltd. has launched a new PLA color masterbatches especially developed for the production of coffee capsules and 3Dprinting filament.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Clariant AG, A. Schulman, Inc., Granula Ltd., PolyOne Corporation, Plastika Kritis S.A., Plastiblends India Ltd., BASF, Cabot Corporation, etc., is also provided in the report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global color masterbatch market.
- This study is evaluating competitive landscape as well as value chain to help in understanding competitive environment across the geographies and products.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market estimations as well as through 2014-2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global color masterbatch market is provided. For instance, growing penetration of color masterbatch in the food packaging industry is likely to drive the market, however, shortage of raw materials is likely to be a major restraint.
- Extensive analysis of the color masterbatch market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
COLOR MASTERBATCH MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- Standard color
- Specialty color
- Tailor-made color
By Carrier Resin
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA