Combat management system is a computer system that integrates the ship sensors, radars, weapons, data links, and other equipment into a single system. The combat management system provides situational awareness & intelligence to the crew and enables them to perform combat missions effectively. A combat management system comprises of the central command & decision-making element of vessel combat system. The combat management system is used in combat missions for several purposes such as weapon control and coordination among units while performing combat missions, threat evaluation, situation assessment, and others. Moreover, the features of combat management system such as advanced onboard training, robust data collection, secure information network, tactical picture clarity, high reliability, and reducing workload of CMS operator prove vital during the combat missions. Combat weapon management system is type of combat management system (CMS) which provide power & control to the aircraft mounted weapon systems. The combat weapon management system helps the operator manage weapons configurations, monitor system performance, and to ensure the safe operation of all weapon systems.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- Due to COVID-19 situation, the research & development in combat weapon management systems has been hampered because of the declared lockdowns and government restrictions on public gatherings.
- Slowing sign in economies of several countries has been observed due to COVID-19 effect, which may limit governments investment in their defense sector. Such reduction in investment will directly affect the growth in combat weapon management system market.
- Production rate of combat weapon management system has been badly impacted because of travel restrictions due to COVID-19.
- Combat management system is a very large system which includes several parts either purchase from several firms or being import from several countries. Due to lockdown situation across the globe because of COVID-19, the supply chain of such parts has been badly affected. Shortage of spare parts has halted the production of combat weapon management systems.
- There may be considerable rise in demand in combat weapon management system market in near future as travel restrictions start loosen up worldwide.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Enhanced situational awareness, need to ensure safety of weapons, and increase in military spending in developing countries are the factors which drive the growth of global combat weapon management systems market. However, high cost associated with the implementation of communication technologies is restraining the growth of the combat weapon management system market. On the contrary, increased focus on military modernizations across the globe is opportunistic to the growth of global combat weapon management systems market.
Enhanced situational awareness
The advancement in technology & innovation has increased in the combat weapon management system in over the years. At present, combat weapon management system is considered as one of the best technologies for navy combat operations due to its various advance features. However, at the same time, the threat of anti-ship missiles has also increased. However, such threat can be reduced or overcome by improving capabilities of navy ships. Hence, to deal with the such threats, navy ships need combat management systems, thereby contributing in the growth of the combat weapon management system market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global combat weapon management systems industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of global combat weapon management systems market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global combat weapon management systems market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global combat weapon management systems market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the combat weapon management systems market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global combat weapon management systems market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Combat Weapon Management Systems Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Saab AB, Elbit Systems Ltd., KONGSBERG, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Leonardo S.p.A., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Tata Advanced Systems Limited, BAE Systems., Thales Group