Combined hormonal contraceptives are used to prevent pregnancies. They are also used in the treatment of acne vulgaris, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and irregular menstrual flow by blocking ovulation. These products are widely used by women of aged between 15 and 49 years.
The factors driving the combined hormonal contraceptives market include increase in adoption of combined hormonal contraceptives products or birth control methods in the developing countries and incidence of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Moreover, rise in population attaining higher education, need of family planning, and growth in measures to prevent unwanted pregnancy further fuels the market growth. However, health risks associated with the use of contraceptives and lack of social acceptance by people restrict the market. The growth in awareness about contraceptives among people and initiatives taken by government in untapped emerging economies provide significant opportunities for market growth.
Combined hormonal contraceptives market is segmented on the basis of product type, age group, end users, and region. Based on product type, the market is bifurcated into drugs (combined oral contraceptive pills, combined injectable birth control, and combined emergency contraceptive pills) and devices (combined vaginal rings, and combined transdermal patches). On the basis of age group the market is categorized into 1524, 2534, 3544, and above 44 years. By end user, the market is classified into hospitals, household, and clinics. By region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players profiled in the report include Actavis Plc., Agile Therapeutics, Inc., Allergan Plc., Bayer AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., ANI Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, and Mylan Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global combined hormonal contraceptives market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global combined hormonal contraceptives market from 2016 to 2023, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the geriatric care devices market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help understand the competitive outlook of the combined hormonal contraceptives.
Combined Hormonal Contraceptives Market Key Segments:
- Combined Oral Contraceptive Pills
- Combined Injectable Birth Control
- Combined Emergency Contraceptive Pills
- Combined Vaginal Rings
- Combined Transdermal Patches
By Age Group:
- 1524 years
- 2534 years
- 3544 years
- Above 44 years
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA