Commercial aircraft wing market Outlook 2030 –
The term aircraft wing refers to a form of wing that generates lift. Wings have aerodynamic forces acting on their streamlined cross sections. Wings are the most basic part of an aero plane that allows it to fly. The shape and design of an aircraft's wings have a significant impact on how it operates. The shape and design is required to generate the proper lift and streamline flow while reducing the drag and weight acting on the aircraft.
Market scope and structured analysis:
Market size available for years
Base year considered
Application, Type, Platform and Region
North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa)
AIM Aerospace Inc., Arconic Inc., Daher Socata SAS, Denroy Plastics Ltd., Precision Castparts Corp., Premium Aerotec, Spirit Aerosystems Inc., Stroco Manufacturing Inc., Tri-Mack Plastics Manufacturing Corporation, Triumph Group Inc.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The aviation industry faces some critical challenges, such as huge revenue losses during the financial year 2019-2020 owing to the international travel ban across the globe. The international air transport association published the air passenger traffic, which states that the 14.4% revenue fall of the aviation industry due to the covid-19 impact. The IATA report states that 2020 was worst year ever for air travel demand. The average global domestic air travel demand plunged by 48.7% due to the impact of Covid-19. At the time of pandemic, the Boeing were hampered due to several issues connected with the aircraft.
Top impacting factor
- Improved aircraft stability, growing defense budget to adopt fifth generation fighter aircraft, and rising usage of composite component to procure aircraft wings are the major factors drives the growth of the commercial aircraft wings.
- Supply chain distribution of aircraft wing market and the backlog of commercial aircraft are the restraints that hindered the growth of the commercial aircraft wings.
- Increasing procurement of light weight composite material, and employing 3D printing for cost-effective manufacturing are the major factors offering an opportunity for the growth of aircraft wing market.
Improved aircraft stability
In aircraft wing, the aircraft designs incorporate various stability characteristics that are necessary to support the desired flight performance. Balanced flight demonstrates the desire for predictable flight performance, namely stability. Stability is basically defined as an aircraft's ability to maintain/return to original flight path. The aircraft wings allows aircraft to maintain uniform flight conditions, recover from disturbances, and minimize pilot workload. Aircraft wings are designed with positive static stability to support dynamic stability. More stable in right turns due to left turning tendencies. Aircraft wing axis are imaginary lines passing through the aircraft. Longitudinal axis ensures stability along the longitudinal axis from the nose to the tail through the fuselage. Lateral axis ensures stability from wing tip to wing tip. Vertical axis of wing ensures stability through the center of the fuselage, from the top to the bottom. An aircraft is considered directionally stable when there is no rotational motion or tendency about any of the aircraft axis. For instance, the Boeing 777 uses redundant digital flight control computers to provide positive (static longitudinal) stability and enhances that stability with airspeed feedback. The MD-11 uses computers to provide neutral speed stability. In other words, the CG of the MD-11 appears to be at the neutral point. The MD-11 uses elevator deflection to hold attitude at any speed within the normal flight envelope, then trims the stabilizer.
Increasing procurement of light weight composite material
Based on material analysis for aircraft wing, the market is segmented into alloys, metals and composites. This light weight composite material growth is owing to the wide usage of several metals such as aluminum, steel, and titanium, to build the structure of an aircraft wing. Titanium is majorly used by aircraft manufactures due to its excellent properties, including high-temperature resistant, lightweight properties, high corrosion resistance and high strength. Titanium is majorly used to build aircraft wings and landing gear, as well as fan blades. These materials are highly flexible, durable and provide higher strength to the aircraft wing. For instance, the wings of the airbus 350 XWB and the Boeing 787 are made from composite material. Composites are also used to reduce the weight of the wings and mainframe.
Key segments covered
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the commercial aircraft wing market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges the commercial aircraft wing market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the market growth scenario of commercial aircraft wing market.
- The report provides a detailed commercial aircraft wing market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the commercial aircraft wing market research report:
- Who are the leading players in the commercial aircraft wing market?
- What are the critical challenges faced by manufacturers in the commercial aircraft wing market?
- What are the market trends, driving factor and opportunities involved in this market?
- What are the key segments covered in the commercial aircraft wing market?
- What are the future projections of commercial aircraft wing market that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Commercial Aircraft Wing Market Report Highlights
By Wing Type
By Aircraft Type
Key Market Players
AIM Aerospace Inc., Stroco Manufacturing Inc., Denroy Plastics Ltd., Spirit Aerosystems Inc., Premium Aerotec, Triumph Group Inc., Precision Castparts Corp., Daher Socata SAS, Arconic Inc., Tri-Mack Plastics Manufacturing Corporation